Friday, April 3, 2009

LEARNING FRENCH

I was so excited today when I went over to Dixie's French Lique blog to find a link to a la parisienne where the author is a French teacher. If you are interested in the French language, you will want to go visit her blog. She will be teaching a lesson each Friday. In today's lesson for the beginner (that's me) I learned that C'est means "it is", and moi means "me" so that's how I'm signing this post today. C'est moi, Charlotte.

I do know a tiny bit of French because I took a semester of it in high school way back in 1950. In the middle of that school year my folks moved to Oklahoma and the school there did not teach French so I took two years of Latin. Should have taken Spanish. It would have been much more useful. But, I have always loved the French language and so I was thrilled to find out that each Friday I could have a private lesson, on line of course. 

I'm also starting another new venture. Hubby has been reviewing books and having book giveaways on his blog Musings of a Minister for some time now. At his suggestion, I decided to start doing that as well. The first book I will be reviewing is called How Not to Look Old by Charla Krupp.  The book is being mailed to me and I haven't received it yet but I am looking forward to reading it, reviewing it, and giving away five copies. I am planning to do this on my Charlotte's Weblog blog so be looking for it there sometime soon. 

10 comments:

  1. Charlotte,
    I can't wait for your book review and giveaway! Always fun to try to win something (especially, a book!)
    Great idea too, learning French...I could have used it when I went to Paris in 1985!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased I dropped in to your lovely blog today to enjoy the flowers, to speak French (you spoke not me!) and to hear about a book that I should think is a must buy - How not to look old. Much needed when the next birthday is 58! I shall keep an eye on charlotte's Weblog. I think it is also important - not to behave old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte,
    How fun for to learn from an online French class.
    We have had French students stay with us on two different occasions, so I know a "tiny" bit.
    Here in CA, Spanish or Tagalog would be a much more usual language these days..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tres beaucoupe. Je parles francais une peu! Oh, at least I did years ago!!! I took Spanish also. It is fun, just to know a bit about different languages. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blogging French lesson - how cool! I'll have to check into it.

    I hope you have a lovely Easter Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..I can't wait to hear about the book...How neat..to learn to talk French...Keep us posted..Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Charlotte,
    I've got a challenge for you on my post today but only if you haven't already done this one and only if you have the time!

    Blessings on Good Friday,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds exciting to learn a new language. We are never too old to learn new things, whatever our age may be.
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bonsoir,
    très bonne idée la leçon de Français.
    une très jolie langue.
    c'est normal,c'est la mienne.
    au plaisir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun site. I love the French language, but I've lost almost every bit of it over the years. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte