Thursday, November 20, 2008

DATES, PRUNES & FRESH BREAD


Today is Thankful Thursday. I've already done a post on my Charlotte's Weblog blog for Trim the Tree Thursdays, but we just got home from Sprouts and I was thinking to myself how thankful I am for all the good food that is available to us in the U.S. Specifically, I was eating a fresh sweet prune and thinking about doing a post for Thankful Thursday.  

I've always liked prunes, but I wasn't "in love" with them, but since I've discovered the soft fresh plump ones at Sprouts, I think I'm in love. I know I'm in love with their fresh Medjool dates. I did a post about them a while back. And, I love fresh baked french bread. Another favorite thing of ours is okra and Sprouts is about the only place I can always find it. Tonight we're having fried okra and left over goulash from last night - and french bread, of course.

Ginger of Enchanting Cottage asked me if I was blogging on both of my blogs now. I told her it was her fault that I was "hooked" on blogging. She's the one that got me started. Now she's taking a break from it and has not been posting except on her Sunday blog for Spiritual Sundays. I'll bet she doesn't take a very long break though, cause breaking the blogging habit isn't easy. 

Thanksgiving is just a week away. I have so much to be thankful for that I couldn't begin to list everything. So, right now, I'll just limit it to dates, prunes and french bread - and okra - and left over goulash.

Go visit Iris at Grace Alone for lots of links to Thankful Thursday posts.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Charlotte, nice to meet you!

    God bless and may the coming days be filled with thanks for all He has done!

    In His amazing grace,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious post, Charlotte. Happy Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Prunes. They are soooo good. What a great blog. So glad you stopped by mine Thank you and Happy Thankful Thursdays to you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Charlotte,

    I enjoyed reading your thankful post. I love my Mom's goulash. Fried okra is great too! It sounds like a yummy supper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm hungry... :) Thank you for your fun list! Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll go for the French bread! I could probably use the prunes, but I'll pass! (no pun intended).
    God bless,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte