Saturday, November 22, 2008

SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS

Today for Spiritual Sundays I decided to post this unique perspective on the 23rd Psalm.

I hope you will click HERE to go to Spiritual Sundays for links to more spiritual/inspirational posts. Or you can click on the Spiritual Sundays link on my sidebar.

I received this in a recent e-mail from an old friend.

The Lord is my Shepherd = That's Relationship! 

I shall not want = That's Supply! 

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures = That's Rest! 

He leadeth me beside the still waters = That's Refreshment! 

He restoreth my soul = That's Healing! 

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness = That's Guidance! 

For His name sake = That's Purpose! 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death = That's Testing! 

I will fear no evil = That's Protection! 

For Thou art with me = That's Faithfulness! 

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me = That's Discipline! 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies = That's Hope! 

Thou annointest my head with oil = That's Consecration! 

My cup runneth over = That's Abundance! 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life = That's Blessing! 

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord = That's Security! 

Forever = That's Eternity! 

Face it, the Lord is crazy about you.

Note from me: Let's face it, doesn't that cover it all. What blessed assurance. That reminds me of the old hymn "Blessed Assurance". 


16 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am going to remember this ( or should I say save it) So I can give this to someone someday.

    Hugs,

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a unique view of the 23rd Psalm. This is my favorite Psalm and I have read that it is the favorite of many others also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post, too. I heard someone say once that the 23rd psalm encompassed all we need to know about our relationship with God. The way you have presented it, I guess they are right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to copy this and paste it inside the front of my Bible. Good stuff!
    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! Truly He is all we need! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! It encompasses anything and Everything about Who the Lord is!
    Thanks,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. One of my favorite books is "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23" by Phillip Keller, I've read it several times, and my prayer group did a weekly study with it.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful look at the 23rd Psalm. I'm going to copy it also, if that's OK.
    Blessings. Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful passage and a great perspective, Charlotte. Max Lucado's book "Traveling Light" is all about the 23rd Psalm - a wonderful book.
    Happy Sunday...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I'm "crazy" about HIM!! (just ask my husband.)

    Blessings,

    Amanda B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply, just plain simply.....wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Charlotte,

    I love the 23 Psalms, I have never read this before, oh how I enjoyed it. A beautiful hymn you've finished with as well :).

    May you have a blessed day and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Charlotte for sharing that wonderful perspective on one of my favourite Psalms. Have a lovely Thanksgiving this week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. A most interesting perspective on this Psalm. I love the hymn "Blessed Assurance" too. Thanks for a wonderful reminder of how the Lord cares and provides for us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Charlotte

    ((Hugz)) Happy Sunday Thank you sharing this beauitful version of the 23
    Psalm. Thank for your encouragement and for your visits each Sunday I look forward to seeing you.

    Blessings and prayers for a wonderful week ahead.
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte