
Thanks to The Apron Queen for hosting the Vintage Thingies Thursdays. Click here to go to her blog for links to lots of other vintage posts.
Since Sunday is my birthday - and by the way I will be John McCain's age then (who said he was old???) I decided to post a couple of vintage pictures of past birthdays.

This is my 5th birthday. You can get a clue by the number of candles on the cake. This year there would be 72 candles. Probably enough to burn the place down.

This actually is my cousin Jerry's birthday party. I'm the only girl in the picture. I thought it was a funny picture so I included it in this post. Jerry is the one to my left. No he's on my right. I forgot everything is backwards in photos. Maybe I should say he's the bigger one by me. He had on a sailor cap. I remember he always wore a sailor cap about that time. For some who have been reading my blog for awhile, he was my dancing partner in the tap dancing pictures.

This was my 11th birthday party. I'm the one in the middle in the dark dress. The girl with the blond hair holding her skirt out in the front row was a neighbor girl named Shirley that I played with more than anyone else although she was two years younger than I. She lived in the house right behind us and in those days we didn't have fences. I remember that she always bragged that she was named after Shirley Temple.

This isn't a vintage picture, but it is a vintage person. This is my birthday last year - picture taken at my daughter's house. Thank you for letting me share these birthdays with you.

Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE those vintage birthday pictures. What a fun post this is.
Thank you for your kind comment on my wholecloth quilt. :)
Lovely pictures Charlotte. Really enjoyable to see and read about. You always look so bright and happy in your pix. Thanks for sharing these... and Happy early Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your GORGEOUS photos, Charlotte...they're priceless!! You look amazing for your age :)Have a wonderful birthday on Sunday xx
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, Happy Birthday to you. I love the vintage photographs. I especially like the one with all the girls wearing DRESSES!! My how things have changed. Great VTT Post.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea and I hope you have a lovely birthday this weekend! Any special plans? With our youngest turning 18 this month, we're obviously wanting to do something special. Unfortunately for him, my creative juices are being sucked dry planning his sister's wedding! My hub is wanting to take him and a couple of his friends to a Dallas Stars Hockey game which would be a HUGE hit!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thursday!
Connie
How great that you have these pictures. I don't have any of my childhood parties.
ReplyDeleteHow great that you have these pictures. I don't have any of my childhood parties.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your wonderful pictures. I am impressed with your good memory. You looked beautiful back then and you still do. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about your pictures! When my great aunt turned 70, we had a huge bash for her. Someone had the idea that there needed to be 70 candles on the cake. Well the cake -did- start on fire, so you might not be too far off worrying about starting the house on fire! I hope you have a wonderful birthday on Sunday =)
ReplyDeleteCharlotte you are a very hip looking gal to be in your 70's! Congratulations on your upcoming birthday. And you won't be hearing me say that 72 is old!!
ReplyDeleteLove the black and whites of your past birthdays...
I love old pictures of our childhoods! Really wonderful. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures.You are so fun to be around because you are always so happy! I think you should of been celebrating your birthday all week! Kinda like you did for your anniversary month.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
ginger
Happy Birthday Charlotte, you are
ReplyDeletean inspiration to us all - blogging
away at 72! :) What great pictures
of birthdays past - adorable!
Hi Charlotte, I liked your pictures of vintage birthdays. The little dresses are so cute! I get annoyed now days at how immodest most of the clothing is that I see in stores and on little girls.
ReplyDeleteI really, really enjoyed all your childhood photos! You looked then and now like a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to You!
Claudia O.
You don't look old enough to be John McCain's age! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing all the birthday pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou look great, 52 is the new 72!!! (Did I say that right, or is it the other way around?!) I hope you know what I mean, they are saying this a lot now since people look so young these days.
Have a very Happy Birthday! Tell us all about it next week.
Katherine
Happy Birthday! Those are great photos. You were (and still are) so adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou're gorgeous! Happy birthday and I love all the pictures.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are beautiful treasures. I especially like the one of the large group where you are in the middle. It used to be so much fun to receive an invitation and look forward to a special birthday party. I love seeing how everyone is dressed so pretty.
ReplyDelete