
I am grateful to Peggy for hosting the Mission 4 Monday blog. You can click here to go to her blog for more mission sharing.
I mentioned in a previous post that I spent my birthday in 1999 in India. This is one of the boys at the Kids' Home whose birthday was the same as mine. I think it's pretty neat that they took our picture together. How about that shirt he has on. I told you the guys there dress in western style clothing.
Here is a picture of Hubby and me with Dr. Mary. She was the doctor there at the hospital on the compound. She was a very interesting lady. We enjoyed visiting with her. I've heard that she is no longer working there but she was there for several years.
You knew I couldn't write about anything too long without bringing "shopping" into it. Above is a picture of a neat place to shop in New Delhi. It was an indoor shopping mall but it was configured entirely different from our malls. I bought several nice things there. This shopping area was located a few blocks from the hotel where we were staying there. I'll tell you more about that hotel at another time.
I took this picture as we were driving through New Delhi through the car window. It amazed me how cattle were everywhere in that country. They have the right of way on the streets and roads there. It is so sad that for millions of people cows are sacred and even when people are starving they are not allowed to eat them. In fact beef is not even sold there. It makes me feel like crying every time I think about it.
I mentioned in a previous post that I spent my birthday in 1999 in India. This is one of the boys at the Kids' Home whose birthday was the same as mine. I think it's pretty neat that they took our picture together. How about that shirt he has on. I told you the guys there dress in western style clothing.
Here is a picture of Hubby and me with Dr. Mary. She was the doctor there at the hospital on the compound. She was a very interesting lady. We enjoyed visiting with her. I've heard that she is no longer working there but she was there for several years.
You knew I couldn't write about anything too long without bringing "shopping" into it. Above is a picture of a neat place to shop in New Delhi. It was an indoor shopping mall but it was configured entirely different from our malls. I bought several nice things there. This shopping area was located a few blocks from the hotel where we were staying there. I'll tell you more about that hotel at another time.
I took this picture as we were driving through New Delhi through the car window. It amazed me how cattle were everywhere in that country. They have the right of way on the streets and roads there. It is so sad that for millions of people cows are sacred and even when people are starving they are not allowed to eat them. In fact beef is not even sold there. It makes me feel like crying every time I think about it.

Hi Charlotte, It has been really interesting going through your memories with you. I've enjoyed popping in to visit. The photos are great. I particularly like this last one. It's almost surreal.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing.
Cookie
You are such an intersting person. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. I loved the pictures.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Terrie
Your heart is precious.
ReplyDeleteBlessings Charlotte...hope your special birthday weekend has you enjoying & celebrating still! What wonderful memories you have in photos ! How precious that one of the Kulpahar's kids had the same birthday. I can't believe you went inside that shopping mall, it looks so unsafe to me! It's wonderful that Dr. Mary gave of herself for a time & you were able to visit with her. It's too bad that she did not stay! I'm with you on the "cow" deal! Guess it's a cultural thing and even being Christian, they could not change that...or risk death for a cow. Ridiculous how they roam anywhere! I so enjoy that you continue to share about this great place in India & the people that you met & things you encountered! I know I'm not called there but you can't help but have a heart for these precious people!
ReplyDeleteThe flowers around you are to honor your birthday...is it like a Hawaiian "lai"? Thank you so much for participating in Mission4 Monday!!! I think your readers get to see a whole other side of you & learn a great deal about you! You are such a blessing! I pray Spiritual Sunday was blessed again
& continues being an inspiration for many to come & share their inspiring writing, quotes, and wonderful unique posts!
Hi Charlotte
ReplyDeleteRemember me? Life has been sooooo C-R-A-Z-Y lately...but a good kind of crazy, so I can't complain even though it has kept me from visiting. But...I'm home now...for a week or so anyway.
I won't comment on them all, but I've had fun reading all your posts I've missed. Gosh, you've been a busy bee.
Hugs!
Kat
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteLove these pictures! Thanks for sharing them...
I think that great how you took a picture with the young man on both your birthdays. What a great post.
ReplyDeleteginger