Saturday, October 4, 2008

SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comI took this picture many years ago in our back yard of the setting sun. When I was looking at different Bible verses and saw this one, it reminded me of this picture, so I decided to use it to illustrate. 
There are many warnings in the Bible about forsaking God and following after false gods. The first of the Ten Commandments says "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." I know I have posted about this same subject before, but for some reason this subject keeps coming to my mind. 

Please visit our Spiritual Sundays blog for links to other spiritual/inspirational posts. You can click on the button at the top of this post to go directly there. If you would like to share something you have posted on your blog, please go there and sign your name and link your URL. There are instructions there on how to do it. It is under the box for signups. It says "Learn more about Spiritual Sundays here".  Just click on that. We are always so happy to have new people participating.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful verse. A great reminder we serve the one and only God. Before we ever acknowledge Him He was God. Be blessed my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture is so beautiful and scripture from Isaiah 45:5-6 is powerful. Hey, it is okay to post the same subject again, because the Holy Spirit has instructed you to. It is to remind all of us to worship and honor the ONE TRUE GOD and not go after other gods.

    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this verse and lovely picture. I love how God gives us such beautiful sunsets each night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture of the sunset. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Charlotte. I hope you are doing special on this your "special" day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous picture! Thank you for sharing the beauty and inmportance of God's Word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture Charlotte! I've been thinking of the Ten Commandments a lot lately. What a wonderful reminder of our God. Have a wonderful birthday!

    Blessings,
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a powerful scripture, and great illustration.
    Thank-you,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that verse and the picture you put with it. It is all a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Charlotte! You're invited to "My Favorite Things Monday" inspired by the Sound of Music! You sharing a picture and story of your current 'favorite thing' that cheered you up when life got you down, would be a blessing! I hope you can come! www.sarahlcc.blogspot.com Thank you for the lovely "Spiritual Sundays" post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful picture to go with this versus. You have captured such a peaceful wonderful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Arizona like in So. Cal, today! Come quickly fall!

    Can we have enough reminders of the truth that you share in this post? In our troubled times, it is so important that we not lose sight of the reason we are here and what our mission is.

    Thanks for sharing!
    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just getting around to reading some of my blogs. October 4th my husband & I were remembering our wedding on our 50th in Flagstaff!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte