Sunday, October 5, 2008

MY FAVORITE THINGS

Photobucket   
Sarah of Everyday Elegance has invited me to participate in My Favorite Things Monday. I already have a post scheduled for Mission 4 Monday but when I got this invitation, I just couldn't say no so I'm doing another post here late Sunday night for tomorrow. The theme is from The Sound of Music and whenever I think of that movie, I think of this picture of my daughter that I took when she was a young girl back in the 1960s. It was right after she had seen that movie and she, like everybody else, loved it. She put on this old costume of mine and struck this pose.  So, what is my favorite thing? Right now I can't think of one specific thing. I have so many favorite things, but this picture is definitely one of them.

11 comments:

  1. I danced like this!!!! Singing! How wonderful! Oh, the beautiful memories! She reminds me of the opening "The Hills are Alive" sung by Julie Andrews. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great picture! How can you not sing along with The Sound of Music? I really enjoyed visiting your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet photo and so fitting for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful picture. You should have it enlarged, and frame it. Then give it to her as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute picture. It goes perfectly with the Sound of Music. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too sweet! One thing that really cheers me up is reliving all the special things my kids said or did. This really captures a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hear her singing " the Hills
    are alive with the sound of music!"
    Of course your daughter would be a
    wonderful favorite thing! Big hugs
    to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet photo and nice memory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandaughter now loves the movie and every song too!
    Just the sweetest picture ever of your lovely daughter!
    Blessings to you!
    Claudia O.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte