Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY

So many of you have wished me a happy birthday and I thank you for that. I really did have a happy birthday. I started celebrating Saturday night when our kids took us to dinner and ended it yesterday (Monday) when Hubby took me to Sedona for a little sightseeing and shopping. (We missed John McCain. He was there over the weekend, but went to New Mexico on Monday.) If you've ever been there you know what I mean about the sight seeing. The scenery is breathtaking. 

I'm always impressed with the beautiful bronze statues in Sedona, but it seemed like there were more there yesterday than usual. I thought I would share a few of them with you.

I thought these little kids walking on the log were so cute.

Here they are from a different angle.





It's a little hard to see in the shadows at the bottom but this is where the above statue is located. All of these beautiful pieces of art were located in Tlaquepaque except the first ones of the kids on the log. I'll share more pictures with you later. This is all for now. 

I'm saving one of my gifts from my kids for PINK SATURDAY. It is something big, very pink and has big white polka dots on it. Are you curious? You'll have to wait until Saturday. LOL


18 comments:

  1. Happy "Belated" birthday wishes to you Charlotte!
    Looks as if you had fun in Sedona. I've always heard wonderful things about that area....I might just make it there one day. HA!
    Have a good day!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. Somehow I missed your actual date - when was it???? Mine is October also (the 29th).
    Looks like you had a great time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Charlotte! Blessings to you...what a beautiful place ... what a beautiful gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, You look so pretty! Happy belated birthday to you. I really enjoyed looking at these photos. The bronzes are gorgeous. The children look so full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well happy birthday blog friend. I am so glad you had wonderful time and memories with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Charlotte. Sedona is a beautiful town. I believe they have the Christmas light festival at the Tlaquepaque, if I'm not mistaken. We went one year and it was awesome.
    God bless,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear you had a happy birthday. Today is my birthday, and I'll have to write about my special day tomorrow. It's getting late tonight. We've been busy watching the debate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a nice birthday. Sedona looks beautiful. OH~~~ I can't wait until Sat. OH!!Come on just let me know I won't tell anybody! Pretty please I'm family remember! Well I guess I will wait with all of your other blogging buddies. I will be back to see on Sat.
    Hugs,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10/7 was our 19th wedding anniversary...boy, does time fly...

    really enjoyed the pics...beautiful

    happy birthday 2 u!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. meant to say earlier...
    the frog blowing the kiss is so cute...we usually have to kiss frogs...have never thought about them attempting to kiss us back...
    fun!

    Sedona is so colorfl...one day maybe i'll get there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday...looks like you had a wonderful one.
    I am curious to know if you know the artist that created the little children statues? They look so much like GLENNA GOODACRE...an artist from my town. She is world renoun and has work scattered all over. Just thought these children might be her work as she does children playing a LOT. I might try to google this and see...just wondering.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. just me again. I did google these bronze statues of the children and they ARE the work of GLENNA GOODACRE. Sometime when you have time and want to see more of her children and her other work, just google her name. I did a posting not too long ago about her....she now lives in New Mexico but was born and raised here in Lubbock...we have a street named for her as well as some of her work scattered around.....she is one of my heros.....:O)
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see your Pink Saturday now...you really have piqued my curiosity!

    Yes, yes! I too loved going to Sedona. What a fabulous area of the state. And the colors surrounding are just well....more than breathtaking!!

    I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad that you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Sedona looks like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Charlotte, I am sorry that I missed your birthday.. Wishing you a belated "Happy birthday".. looks like you were treated royally for your day...all of the pieces of artwork are great..I love the one of the girl and boy.. he looks like he is tying her shoe..thanks for sharing with us. Hugs, baba

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Charlotte,
    I'm so sorry I missed your birthday but haven't been blogging for a while.
    Sedona looks like a gorgeous place to visit. Loved seeing all the photos.
    hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday, Charlotte.
    I was gone on vacation and just checking everyone out. We had a few days in the hills of
    Arkansas where my brother lives.
    Now back and refreshed. Those pictures were lovely. I've started reading your husbands blog but will get to it when I can concentrate. Pink thing! Can't imagine. Will wait to see. Have a good week,

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad I discovered your blog! I live in Phoenix and I also blog and am a Christian. And I have three Horton bronzes! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte