Friday, January 21, 2011

PINK SATURDAY

I am posting this on Friday. Today would have been my dad's 98th birthday. In looking for something pink to share for Pink Saturday, I ran across this picture of the pink lamp in my doll room. Since the picture to the left of the lamp is one of me and my dad taken when I was a young girl, I thought it would be a good one to share today. The little picture in front of it is a picture of him when he was 16. Let's see⏤that picture would have been taken 82 years ago.


Here are those two pictures that are framed.

This is one of the few pictures I have of the two of us together. In all the other pictures there are always other people in the photo. 



Thank you for letting me share my Dad's birthday anniversary with you. I miss him still. He left this life in 1998 at the age of 85. 

Thanks again to Beverly for hosting Pink Saturdays. Click HERE for lots of pink posts.


18 comments:

  1. What lovely memories to share with us for Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos, Charlotte. Thank you for sharing them. God bless you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte,
    What wonderful photos and menories you have!
    I miss my Daddy too. He was only 67 when he passed in '95.
    That's a pretty pink lamp too. Happy Pink Saturday, dear friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, what precious memories you have shared with us, they brought tears to my eyes. Though I never had my Father growing up, I too, had a wonderful man in my life, my loving Grand-father, for whom was the world to me, as I can tell you feel about your Father. You are a very special person, and I know he is smiling down on you from heaven, not just today, but always, and knowing how much love and kindness you bring to so many people.

    Here is to a "Happy Birthday" to your Father.

    God Bless, and much happiness!!!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your memories with us about your dad. I love the pink lamb by the way. I might have to do a pink room in my house one of these days.
    Have a great weekend.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your dad!

    Happy PS,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tribute to your dad. The pinks just added the bright touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday Charlotte Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share today. I adore this photo of you and your precious Daddy. Just look at the two of you. What beautiful smiles, and the capture of that moment in time is priceless. I love your hair in the picture Charlotte. It is beautiful. Your legs are SO long. Priceless and how wonderful that you still have this memory to see every day.

    Happy Birthday Anniversary to your sweet Dad Charlotte. Thank you for including me in the celebration. I had a wonderful time today At Home in Arizona.

    Many hugs sweetie and SO much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh Charlotte, I was so touched by your sweet family memories! My senior dad went to heaven about six years after your dad. What a blessing we were both given to have such special fathers we loved so much, and still love and miss. Have a sweet and Pink weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Charlotte, what wonderful pictures and such lovely memories. Thanks for sharing this day with us.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty pink lamp, and priceless photos! Thank you for sharing the anniversary of your dad's birthday. I can see the love and trust you shared in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's wonderful to own photos of our loved ones. although they are gone looking at the photos can bring us back to that special time with them thanks Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charlotte,
    Somehow via another blog I eneded up on your husband's blog!!! HA! I recognized photos of you two and thought to myself.."I know these people!!!" HA!
    It's wonderful how you BOTH are such great encouragements to many out there in the blog world. Keep up the good work...I didn't leave a comment to your husband..but tell him I appreciate what he is doing!
    Be BLESSED! Joyce in Baton Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlotte, thank you for sharing your sweet memories with us. I miss my father, too. He died in 1986 when he was only fifty-five years old.

    Happy Pink Saturday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a little late getting around to Pink Saturday but glad to have found your lovely blog there! I"m your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
    Your pictures are wonderful. Precious memories are so priceless.
    Hope your week is going great!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte