Here is the message from James.
Will The Church Just Sing Louder?
by James Robison
"I lived in Germany during the Nazi Holocaust. I considered
myself a Christian. We heard stories of what was happening to Jews,
but we tried to distance ourselves from it because what could we do to
stop it. A railroad track ran behind our small church and each Sunday
morning we could hear the whistle in the distance, and then the wheels
coming over the tracks. We became disturbed when we heard the cries
coming from the train as it passed by. We realized that it was
carrying Jews like cattle in the cars.
"Week after week the whistle would blow. We dreaded to hear the sound
of those wheels because we knew that we would hear the cries of the
Jews in route to a death camp. Their screams tormented us. We knew the
time the train was coming, and when we heard the whistle blow, we
began singing hymns. By the time the train came past our church, we
were singing at the top of our voices. If we heard the screams, we
sang more loudly and soon we heard them no more."
Find out the background of this true story, plus James' related
message at www.jamesrobison.net
I think this is something we need to think about. We don't believe something like this could ever happen in America, but I'll bet the people in Germany thought the same thing at one time. We need to pay attention to what is going on with our government. A lot of it is not good (in my opinion.)
Exciting things are happening over at Spiritual Sundays. We were so blessed to be allowed to be a part of Kelee Katillac's big Miracle Makeover Party last weekend. Thank you again, Kelee for this privilege. Also, Ginger has designed a new blog called Prayer Request. It is linked to Spiritual Sundays. Ginger also created a really neat tool bar that we can put on our computers. I have already put mine on my computer and I love it. You can find out more about both of these new features at the Spiritual Sundays site. Thank you, Ginger, for a job well done.


Charlotte, This is a very sobering question. Thank you for sharing with us each week. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and prayers,
ReplyDeleteandrea
Such a sad story James relates here. You bring up a valid point. By the time the people of Germany realized what was going on, they were paralyzed with fear and could not act. We must be aware and become involved, before its too late.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteHappy to see you and your news about the prayer blog...it is wonderful.
I wanted to share my miracle with you--I think you will be surprised!
xox
Very thought provoking -- and prayer raising! Thank you for sharing it and for another lovely spiritual Sunday!
ReplyDeleteSobering at the least--
ReplyDeleteThank you for this insightful look--
Prayer is our greatest resource and so often we neglect it. I have a new resolve to pray for my nation.
Thank you, Charlotte
PS--I LOVED the Charlotte's Weblog--I thought it was so, so clever--I find that a lot of people didn't know that the term "blog" came from the end of weblog. Is it gone for goods? boohoo--the school teacher in me also I'm sure with the reference to the book--love the new one too! smile
What a thought provoking and sad story. This time in history will always be such a tragedy, and yet you are so right. Never should we assume that such a horrible thing could not happen again in some other way. We MUST pray diligently for our country and it's people. We must stay informed and involved. Thanks for sharing this. Have a wonderful holiday week-end. Blessings, Debbie
ReplyDeleteCharlotte - thanks for sharing this. It is very sobering and makes me stop to think of how we as a church often just "sing louder" thinking the problem will go away. (I say this for me personally).
ReplyDeleteThis sure gives me something to ponder upon.
Blessings,
Joan
WOW!This is so sad. We have a train that comes by our church every week.I'm sure I will think of this for now on.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Ginger
Thanks for sharing this. It is very sobering story and makes me think if there ever was a time to pray for our country, that time is NOW!
ReplyDeleteSweet Blessings,
Virginia
Very sad story. Interesting post. Thank you for all you do with Spiritual Sundays.
ReplyDeleteThat is so powerful! It had me thinking about your very point while reading it. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteOh Charlotte my Friend...
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and moving share. It brought God bumps to my arms as I read. I can just hear the train whistle in the distance and then I can hear the choir as they begin to sing, and sing a little louder and a little louder, until no screams can be heard, only the blessings from God to the people on the train in the box cars.
Yes last week we felt the prayers in numbers. Kelee and our teams moved mountains, those mountains are what brought me back this week to join in. I was so touched by each of your posts.
Many hugs sweet friend, Sherry
I'm Jewish...and have listened to many stories from survivors. It's hard to hear and it's hard for me to understand how anyone can do what some have done to other innocent human beings.
ReplyDeletethis is so sad, powerful and so moving! thank you for sharing it. Happy Spiritual Sunday!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ruth
I can't imagine even on my worst day being on the train or even singing in the church real loud. You are right to ask us to reflect on this...and pray for our country and government.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sad story Charlotte, You might be interested in looking at FEMA camps on YouTube..to be forwarned is to be forarmed....
ReplyDeleteIn the USA and I believe here in Australia also.
Understanding and much prayer is needed.
Blessings CML
There is much happening that maddens and saddens me. "What can I do?" I pray about my concerns and I try to keep up to date with happenings. Like most people, when I can, I work with church, neighborhood and politcial causes, but feel that I am missing the mark.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, the article by James Robison is so exemplary of human response to horror. We become shocked with disbelief and then we do our best to deny that it is happening. Lord, help us to stand up for the truth and to pray this doens't happen again, anywhere. Come Lord Jesus.
ReplyDeleteVery sobering, Charlotte. I've never been more homesick for heaven.
ReplyDeleteI do this in my car all the time. When I get overwhelmed by thoughts or worries...I just turn on the Christian radio station and sing louder. It has been a blessing in the car and when I wake at night...the songs come back to me and I fall asleep singing God's praises. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteThat was really hard to read...I can't imagine what it must have been like for the poor Jewish people on the train but also for the people who were left behind who felt powerless to do something. I pray that nothing like this ever happens again.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and best wishes,
Natasha.
Dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat we humans are capable of doing to one another is horrifying! I always loved the train and I miss it here on the Island where we live. But I have seen the movies and read the stories and it is horrible to even think about; but the Holocaust did take place. When our Lord God is taken out of the picture, any form of evil is possible. I pray it never comes to that where you and I live.
We fared through the hurricane just fine, thank you for asking. I do believe it is because of all the prayer that went up on our behalf! God is good to have protected us!
Blessings,
Sandi
I do believe the Lord is providing JUST the Post for you each week! I feel the same way Charlotte! This email is something we ALL need to ponder. Praying for our Nation is VITAL @ this time in our lives! I agree that all that is going on is NOT good & we have got to cry out to God and stand up for all this Nation was founded on!
ReplyDeleteBless you Charlotte!
That was great, Charlotte. I have been retweeting some of James Robison's tweets. He is very wise. Blessings ~
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this story and link, I enjoy listening to James Robison too.
Your thoughts are something we should all be considering and praying about. I have such a burden for our nation and the course we are on.
Congratulation to you and Ginger on the new blog, I will visit it. May the Lord continue to bless you both as you seek and obey Him.
Thank you for allowing me to share on SS, and for your visit also for your kind words of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI hope that you will receive this comment...my husband suffered a heart attack over the weekend...I am asking for your prayers...He goes in for tomorrow (Tuesday morning.) Please keep him in your prayers...his name is Ralph...Thank you so much.
Love,
Cindy
Oh wow ..I can't get this scenario out of my mind, Charlotte. Some days, it's easy to become so discouraged -- then I follow my heart to the many uplifting, prayerful messages here at S/S - thank you!
ReplyDeleteSorry to be so late commenting; we've been under the weather.
Wow...that really makes you think. What would we do? I hope we would not just sing louder. I think you are right, we do need to be aware of what is happening around us, and when there is injustice we should speak out. May God give us the courage to do so.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this sobering reminder for us who take so much for granted. Blessings to you dear one!
ReplyDelete