Thursday, June 11, 2009

DELTA DAWN

You may not know it, but that's Delta Dawn second on the left. On the right is Lottie Jo (that's me). Who are these crazy ladies you ask? Performers at a Christian Youth Camp. The three between me and Delta Dawn were elders' wives and I was the preacher's wife. We were at the camp as teachers, counselors, etc., but of course we had to get in on the fun too. We sang the song "Delta Dawn". What fun we had and this was over 30 years ago. Isn't it fun to reminisce? 

11 comments:

  1. Charlotte, what a darling photo!! Love it.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bunch of gals!!

    I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a priceless photo and fun memory. My second graders sang that song in a talent show when I began teaching school in the early 70's. I actually had a college professor who wore a carnation in her hair every day in memory of her fiance who died in WWII.
    I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL How cute is that!!! I Luv it!
    Hi Charlotte it looks like you all had a fabulous time (smiles). I just wanted you to know I'm celebrating my two year blogovesary and I'm having a giveaway. I would love for you to enter, and also at the end of my giveaway post is an award I designed especally for my sistah's. Drop by when you can. Have a great weekend!!

    Hugz Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great costumes you gals came up with. I can hear that song in my head now. Ut oh!

    Have a great day. Great to reminisce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great photo! Thursday was the 39th anniversary of my high school graduation. How times flies! It is so nice to have photos to look at that capture a moment for many years of later reminiscing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I hope that you sang the song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious photo and what an amazing memory to hold and cherish. Thank you for sharing it with me.

    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute you look~~~ What great memories. Ilove your new blog look it is beautiful!!
    Have a great day,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Charlotte,
    I remember that at our camp. Is that Melba (center on left side in black dress?)The Mimms and the McG sp. were the best! Yes,it is fun to reminisce, but sometimes I really miss the "good ol days!". It's like they say, when a kid you want to be older and when your older you wish that you were still young. :) I can't believe that I'm already 51. Time has gone by toooooooo fast!
    Tell Clif I said "hi".
    I love your pages, (got the page links from Carol on Facebook) especially the dolls. I have always loved my dolls dearly. I wished that I had a room for my dolls like I did when I was younger in the big old house in Stockton.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte