Monday, December 15, 2008

GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER?

I remember when this song came out. I loved it. Our family laughed every time we heard it. I mentioned the song to my mother (who was the grandma). Everybody in the family called her Granny - even sisters, nieces, nephews, and even me, her daughter. She didn't think the song was a bit funny. She didn't even smile. I think she was irritated that we thought it was so funny. What made it even funnier is that she had a great sense of humor and laughed at just about every thing.  That was many many years ago. 
 
Anyway, a friend sent us a link to Christmas songs and this was on there so I clicked on it. This is a cute version of the song and I wanted to share it with you. Here is the link to the song: http://heavens-gates.com/fifties/grandmagotranover.html


5 comments:

  1. That's a great song. We were at a Macaroni Grill for the first time the other night. A lady all dressed up was going from table to table singing opera style. She came to our table asking for any requests...guess the song I asked her to sing? I don't think she thought that was funny. She probably thought, wow, what a redneck!
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family's experience was similar, Carlotte. When that song was first released, my son could not get enough of playing/singing it. Heck we ALL knew the words by heart ... but my mom was definitely NOT a fan!!
    Years later, she tripped and fell on a sidewalk with no serious effects (TG!!!), save a badly scraped nose and one eyebrow. Naturally, a few days later on Christmas, we broke the rules and played Patsy and Elmo .. and she just laughed and sang right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song has been a favorite of mine ever since I first heard it and my family can't understand why I think it is so hilarious!

    Merry Christmas,

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte: Thank you for the link to the song. If you knew me even better than you know me, you would know I seldom hear the words to ANY song. I only hear the music. Melody, chords, movement of the music. I have never heard all the words to that song. I am happy to have finally gotten the whole story.

    Have a wonderful Christmas. I always do and I am sure you do also. Much love........Connie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte