My mother
left this earth in 1999. If she were still alive she would have celebrated her 100th birthday last month. I still miss her especially on
special occasions like Mother's Day. The following picture of my mother
and me was taken in the 1960s. I still remember this special day. I made
my dress and the one my mother is wearing for Mother's Day that year.
My dear Hubby bought the corsages for us.
One of the
things I appreciated most about my mother was her love for God, Jesus,
and the church. Everyone who knew my mother loved her. She showed
genuine interest in everyone she met. In fact, she used to drive me a
little crazy when she would start telling me about someone she knew who I
hardly knew or didn't know at all, and she would go into detail telling
me all about something going on in their lives. I would think, (but didn't say) "I don't
care." "I don't even know these people." She was interested in
everybody. I mean, it wasn't like she just did this once in awhile. She
did it all the time. Now I wish she was here to tell me some of her
stories. I have the feeling that when I see her in heaven she will have
lots of stories about lots of people she has met there to tell me about.
It will be a wonderful time. I totally look forward to it.
I'm sharing this for Spiritual Sundays this week. You can click HERE to
go to that blog. So many wonderful people share their hearts with us
there. I hope you will check it out if you are not familiar with Spiritual Sundays.


Such a beautiful picture Charlotte. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meri
Wonderful picture, Charlotte!!! From this glimpse, I'm sure she cherished being your mom. 'Had to smile at the reference to your corsages ... my father used to do the same thing! (My own momma would have been 98 yrs. old on 4/22; and yes, I miss her every day.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet tribute to your mom. My mom and I sew too, but it has been a long ime since we made dresses.
ReplyDelete