DON'T FORGET
"Remember this, keep it in mind..." (Isaiah 46:8a)
So we're to remember, fix it in our minds and take it to heart...the former things of long ago. These are the miraculous interventions God did, such as delivering Israel from bondage in Egypt parting the Red Sea, providing water and manna in the wilderness and delivering their enemies into their hands as they entered the Promised Land. God doesn't seem to do the same miracle twice. In other words we're not to learn a formula of how God works, rather we're to learn to depend directly on Him as we learn to walk with Him. We're also to remember the times we've seen God work directly in our lives, answering prayer, leading or speaking to us, sustaining us and transforming us. Finally, and above all, we're to remember there is no other God than Him or like Him.....daily Remember!
- John Milligan
Reading these words caused me to remember the many times God has answered my prayers and how He has worked in my life. I hope it does the same for you who are reading this right now.
I hope you will visit our Spiritual Sundays blog if you did not come here from a link found there. You will find links to lots of inspirational posts. Click HERE to go to that Blog.

Yesterday I placed small American Flags across our front yard on each fence post. I can remember families who lost loved one in different wars. It is time to remember and thank God we live in the USA even thought we grumble at times. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis really blessed me today, Charlotte! Thank you. If it had not been for the Lord on our side...!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is good to remember. I often look back at my journals from over the years to see how God has been so faithful. It's powerful to see.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and love,
Debbie
Hi Charlotte, we NEED to remember how good God is! That's why I draw His Word. To embed it in my heart! Blessings to you dear Charlotte! Patsy
ReplyDeleteRemembering the wonders of God in our lives will build our faith and trust in Him. I think I need to make a log book so I can go back and remember those times. My memorial stones.
ReplyDeleteI like how you pointed out that we are not to remember a formula of how God performed those wonders in our life but to remember Him. Thank you.
Blessings,
Janis