Tuesday, July 10, 2012

54 YEARS

Here we are — 54 years ago. Of course there have been ups and downs as in any marriage or in any relationship for that matter. But we are growing old together and I think we're just about there (old).  Thank you, God, and thank you Clif for a great 54 years. Our kids took us to Hawaii to celebrate our 50th. Our daughter says they are talking about taking us back for our 60th. Wow, I like that idea. Besides blessing us with each other, God has blessed us with a wonderful daughter and  a wonderful son. In fact, we have been blessed in so many ways that I couldn't even begin to count them.


I'm glad God instituted marriage. Here are a few scriptures on that subject. 
  1. Genesis 2:24
    That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
    Genesis 2:23-25 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Matthew 19:5
    and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ ?
    Matthew 19:4-6 (in Context) Matthew 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. Mark 10:7
    ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,
    Mark 10:6-8 (in Context) Mark 10 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. Ephesians 5:31
    “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
    Ephesians 5:30-32 (in Context) Ephesians 5 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
You really cannot improve on God's plan although people do keep trying to change it. 

posted the following video/book a couple of years ago but thought I'd share it again. 




20 comments:

  1. Disappointed the video does not show up on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and Clif! That's amazing; 54 years is certainly a major milestone and unfortunately all too rare in our world today. I love the video book you shared. The photos are amazing. You two were so cute and ...young. I hope you get to go to Hawaii for your 60th.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post... you look like a princess! In fact you are a princess!!! Absolutely beautiful.

    Your family are very good to you. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more happy ones!

    We celebrate our 44th next month, our older son and his bride celebrate their 1st later this month, and our younger son and his bride celebrate their 10th in September!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! 54 years is such a tribute to you and your husband. Happy Anniversary.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Charlotte and Clif!

    I enjoyed seeing the pictures! Handsome couple, and you still are!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A huge happy Anniversary to you and Cliff....I loved seeing the pics and reading your gratitude. Everyone has a story and yours is a beautiful one that gives hope that life can be wonderful. Wishing you guys all the best for always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so wonderfully beautiful, dear Charlotte! All the blessings you received ---- praise God! AND, you were absolutely a stunning bride! (You had a "Hollywood star" quality in your younger years :)). Thank you so much for sharing your photo book and the many lovely memories with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! The Fifties! Those were the days! Congratulations on your anniversary, Clif and Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking at your wedding and honeymoon pics. So happy for you and Clif. You witness to us those lovely scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!
    You were a beautiful bride Charlotte!!
    We have a bit in common. My husband is a pastor too...children's pastor...and previously to his entry in ministry I was our home church's office manager for 8 or 9 years. Until a few years ago I've served God as my husband's ministry assistant. It's a blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI CHARLOTTE!!!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Yours!!!
    You look so lovely on your wedding day!!
    What a Great pic....I see Brides and Grooms re-enact that kind of POSE today!!!
    Hope your day was LOVELY from start to finish!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treat to be able to see your beautiful wedding pictures. God's plan of marriage is beautiful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Charlotte! Thanks for sharing this and for visiting me at Doorkeeper. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful scriptures Charlotte! My husband & I will celebrate 25 years this August...I pray that we might celebrate many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. May you continue to enjoy wedded bliss and reach 60 and beyong. We are at 62 and counting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reading this at 55 years now! Congratulations, may God continue to bless your lives together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte