It's June. Can it really be June already? Yes, time is marching on. Mother's Day is past, Memorial Day 2012 is history, and soon it will be Father's Day. No, this is not going to be a Father's Day post. Well, maybe in a way it is. Every day is Father's Day if you think of it like this: God is our Father and every day is His day. I was wondering what to post for Spiritual Sundays for this week, and as I often do, I picked up one of Helen Steiner Rice's books of poetry. I still can't believe she wrote so many wonderful poems. The first one my eyes fell on when I opened the book was a poem entitled My God Is No Stranger. So ― guess what? That's the one I'm sharing today. I hope it will be a blessing to you as it is to me.
My God Is No Stranger
God is no stranger in a faraway place,
He's as close as the wind that blows 'cross my face.
It's true I can't see the wind as it blows
But I feel it around me and my heart surely knows
That God's mighty hand can be felt every minute
For there is nothing on earth that God isn't in it ―
The sky and the stars, the waves and the sea,
The dew on the grass, the leaves on a tree
Are constant reminders of God and His nearness,
Proclaiming His presenced with crystal like clearness.
So how could I think God was far, far away
When I feel Him beside me every hour of the day?
And I've plenty of reasons to know God's my Friend
And this is one friendship that time cannot end!
Helen Steiner Rice
A special "thank you" to all who share with us each week on Spiritual Sundays. A special "thank you" to all who "liked" that blog on Facebook. And a special "thank you" to those who went to the Spiritual Sundays Facebook page and "liked" that too. You are all so special to me. Click HERE to go to the Spiritual Sundays blog.


You rock! Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteLovely, encouraging blog Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this beautiful poem with us Charlotte. I'm amazed at how faithful you are in hosting Spiritual Sundays and taking the time to visit each person's blog who participated. I'm hoping to join in more as I'm off for the summer months.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and love,
Debbie
HI CHARLOTTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have missed popping in and visiting you!!!I love that poem and YES everyday is our Holy Father's Day and I am Blessed to get to love another day worshiping him.
God Bless you and Have a Great weekend
and Yes, where does TIME fly off to???
Hugs 2 U,
jamie
I truly love the poem. Thank you for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteLove the poem Charlotte... Helen Steiner Rice is a favourite of mine; however, I had not read this particular poem before - it's beautiful :D
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your message and I always enjoy anything by Helen Steiner Rice.
ReplyDeleteA lovely message for this lovely Sunday. Have a blessed week :) Cute birds on the side !!!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte...I love the picture of the bleeding hearts. My youngest asked last year if she could have her very own bleeding heart plant. She got it and named it Sophie. AT first she loved it and watered it everyday. Then she forgot about it until it withered to almost nothing. This year it popped back and is amazingly strong. Well Sophie is growing and my dgt is watering her everyday. She learned a valuable lesson...what you give time to grows. And this poem is aweome.....wishing you a beautiful week.
ReplyDeleteThe poem reminds me of my private worship time with the Lord at dawn today, when I was more-than-overwhelmed with cares, I just ran into His holy presence - it is always my secret sanctuary. No, God is not a stranger and is never far away.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this, dear Charlotte!
Rina
Hello dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI haven't been by in a while but I wanted to stop by and thank you for being a friend and an encourager to me when I first began blogging. I haven't participated in SS for several weeks because I find the weekends are so busy and I don't always have something fresh to share in the way of spiritual food. I do try visit a blogger or two at SS however.
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and that I was thinking of you.
Blessings and hugs,
Sandi
Beautiful poem Charlotte....sweet reminder.
ReplyDelete