Happy Father's Day to all father's who read this post. A special Happy Father's Day to the father of my two children. I'm sure they both would tell you they couldn't have asked for a better dad. We will be so blessed to spend this special day with them.
Clif always smiles and even laughs a little when I share a Helen Steiner Rice poem, because back when he was the pastor of our last church and I was secretary we often needed "filler" for our newsletter. He would many times come up with one of her poems. One day I told him I thought we shared too many Helen Steiner Rice poems. Now I'm thinking "maybe not." LOL I think I appreciate her poems more now than I did then. That was over 12 years ago. Anyway, now I find myself sharing many of her poems on my blog. Here's one about fathers.
Fathers Are Wonderful People
Fathers are wonderful peopletoo little understood,
And we do not sing their praises
as often as we should . . .
And fathers struggle daily
to live up to "his image"
As protector and provider
and "hero of the scrimmage" . . .
And perhaps that is the reason
we sometimes get the notion
That fathers are not subject
to the thing we call emotion,
But if you look inside Dad's heart,
where no one else can see,
You'll find he's sentimental
and as "soft" as he can be. . .
Fathers are just wonderful
in a million different ways,
And they merit loving compliments
and accolades of praise,
For the only reason Dad aspires
to fortune and success
Is to make the family proud of him
and to bring them happiness.
And like Our Heavenly Father,
he's a guardian and a guide,
Someone that we can count on
to be always on our side.
- Helen Steiner Rice
Spiritual Sundays is a place where many people go each week to share a spiritual/inspirational post on their blogs by linking there. If you are not familiar with Spiritual Sundays I hope you will go there now by clicking right HERE. You might want to leave a comment first, and then go there.

Thank you so much for Spiritual Sundays. Happy Father's day to all the Dads!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful poem, dear Charlotte. Of course I also remember my beloved father who passed away over a decade ago. This poem reminds me of him. (I'm still learning deeply the heart of my children's Dad ~ lol! ~ but he really works hard and he is always on our side :)).
ReplyDeleteHer poetry tugs at my heart, too...everytime!
ReplyDeletegreat poem....and tribute to the guys who are true dads.
ReplyDeleteShe was a special woman who blessed many with her poetry. This was the first fathers day in 28 years my oldest daughter was with her daddy. She was yesterday though. I had the honor of hosting my daughter's boyfriend's parents for dinner. A blessed day to be sure.
ReplyDelete