Saturday, February 4, 2012

SPEAK TO YOUR MOUNTAIN

"Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."
Mark 11:23-24 NASB

In his little devotional book, Your Best Life Begins Each Morning, Joel Osteen shared these thoughts.

WHAT MOUNTAIN IS IN FRONT of you this morning―a sickness, a troubled relationship, a floundering business? Jesus said that whatever your mountain is, you must do more than think or pray about it; you must speak to that obstacle.

The Bible says, "Let the weakling say, 'I am strong'" (Joel 3:10). Start calling yourself healed, happy, whole, blessed, and prosperous. God is a miracle-working God. Stop talking to God about how big your mountains are, and start talking to your mountains about how big your God is!

Charlotte's thoughts: I think this is good. I can remember arguing with my cousin about this scripture when I was about 12 years old. He just laughed at me, but I argued that if the Bible says it, it has to be true. As I got older I realized a literal mountain like the one in the picture was not exactly what was being talked about in this scripture. Although "BELIEVE" is the key word here. I did believe that when I was 12. I still do. God has moved a lot of mountains for me in my lifetime. 

Please visit Spiritual Sundays blog for links to many inspirational posts. 


12 comments:

  1. Your post today is very much needed today in my corner of the world. Speak to your mountain resonated with me. I enjoy Joel Osteen's books and services myself. Declare it so...Speak victory or speak defeat! THanks for coming by my blog. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a believer in speaking to your mountain and watching our words. Spoken words are powerful and can bring about change in the Spirit world which then shows up in our earthly world. Thank you for this very much alive post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe with all my heart that what He says is the truth...thanks for this powerful message

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that, Charlotte, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very thankful that God is my "Mountain Mover."

    Charlotte, thanks so much for always visiting my Spiritual Sundays posts! I'm sorry that I have not been able to visit yours (and others') regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, too, Charlotte. I think sometimes, after the mountain is gone, we forget it was ever there, being fickle human beings and all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful thoughts on FAITH, Charlotte. In our case, we practice this "talking to our mountain" during laying on of hands. There is power in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte, I have never thought of this verse in this way...start talking to your mountains about how big your God is! This is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte, Thanks for this encouraging reminder. Nothing is impossible with God!! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was young we sang a chorus "Faith in God can move a mighty mountain. Faith can calm the troubled sea. Faith can make the desert like a fountain. Faith can win the victory." I sing it when I need a mountain moved just to remind the devil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Charlotte,
    I once listened to one of Joel Osteen's podcasts on this- it was great! He told many stories about speaking to one's mountain. I always try to find a bible verse to confess if I have a challenge I need to face. God bless you! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte