People lose things all the time. Many even lose purses. I actually did lose mine a couple of times, but each time I got it back after panic and much prayer. I'm much more careful now. As bad as losing something in this life can be, how much worse it would be to lose our souls. The Bible says "What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul."
- Matthew 16:26
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 16:25-27 (in Context) Matthew 16 (Whole Chapter) - Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Mark 8:35-37 (in Context) Mark 8 (Whole Chapter) - Luke 9:25
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?
Luke 9:24-26 (in Context) Luke 9 (Whole Chapter)
I think lost is one of the saddest words in the English language. We all know people who are lost. We need to help them find their way if we can.
"The way" in the Bible: John 14:6
There is exactly one way to God, according to the Bible: Jesus Christ. He is the "way, the truth, and the life." No one will come to the Father except through Jesus.
I hope you will take the time to visit as many links in the Spiritual Sundays blog as you can. There are so many inspiring posts that are shared each week.


You are right! We get so caught up in the things of no eternal value. The only thing that really matters in the long run is our salvation and the salvation of others.
ReplyDelete"Lost" is a sad word...just the sound of it is sad. I never really thought about it before. I lost my husband's truck keys just recently (and haven't found them yet:( and it is such a bewildering feeling. The one thing I keep reminding myself is that God knows exactly where they are! Nothing is lost to Him.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to remember that about people too...God knows where they are. His desire for them is to realize they are lost and want to be found. I pray they will want to be found.
I am also praying I will find those keys, which isn't as important as lost souls, but helpful when driving the truck:)
Hold on to your purse!
Blessings,
Charlotte
Lost is a sad word isn't it. How very thankful I am that I will never be lost to Jesus and know that no matter what goes on here...I know where I will end up!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Charlotte, Lost is a sad word especially to those who do not know our Lord. May I help someone who is lost find their way.
ReplyDeleteI also know the panic of losing a purse, having lost mine a few times.
Sue
I know how to be SO lost, Charlotte, and because of God's amazing grace, I'll never be in "that place" again.
ReplyDeleteI rest myself in this thought - that God's children are safe in His hands. :)
Have a blessed weekend,
Rina
dreaming about losing an item....something of value...of meaning...I think you have an amazing heart for people who are lost. Look how you've brought all of us together. That's what I think your dreams are all about....reaching the lost.....have an awesome weekend out there.
ReplyDeleteMy dad never let me down the time he had to recross a toll bridge to recover my purse. I was a young teenager and left my purse at a Howard Johnsons. I HAD to have it because all the pictures of my boyfriend was in it.
ReplyDeleteI've been asking God to fill my heart and mind with the lost. "There is more rejoicing in heave over one sinner who repents than 99 just people who need no repenting."
This is so true! The only thing that really matters is whether or not we are lost.
ReplyDeleteI love the verse about Jesus being the way, the truth, the life. I was thinking this morning specifically about him being the truth. We love the truth; the truth is Jesus.
ReplyDeleteIt is so ironic that you should use losing a purse as your example. I so often get this irrational instant panic in the car when I think I have done so, then check the back seat to make sure I have not. And you are right. A purse is such a small thing compared to a soul, but how often does the thought of a lost soul create panic? Thank you for this thought today.
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte, There's no way to know but I have an idea that God has used Spiritual Sundays as a way to reach lost souls. Perhaps people are just surving the net or push the "next blog" button on Blogger and find this meme.
ReplyDeleteWe should be praying not only for each other, but the strangers who visit.
Have a great week, dear sister in Christ!
Yes, lost is a terrible word. I see darkness, separation, despair. I have one loved one in my life who is not (yet) a believer. It deeply saddens me that this person doesn't know the hope and love of the Savior. But I pray - knowing that the things I think are impossible are truly "HIM-possible" with God!
ReplyDeleteI have lost my purse, my wallet, my keys, my glasses MORE TIMES than I can count! I hate this absent-minded thing that happens in menopause! (At least that's the excuse that I'm using!)
Fortunately, when we were lost, God came looking for us. He still does. Every lost soul has the Hound of Heaven hot on their trail!!
GOD BLESS!
Wonderful post. Sometimes it's really hard to step out of out comfort zone to share Jesus, but the rewards are out of this world! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI bet there are a host of lost purse stories out there! I'd have one for sure.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've had that dream before! If I have it again I'm going to use it as a pray trigger to pray for lost people. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings!