Life consists of many transitions. I'll be 75 years old next month so I have witnessed many many transitions. Some have been good. Some have been not so good, but transition is just a certainty of life. Words from an old hymn just came to my mind. I'm not sure of the exact wording, but it is something like this. "Time is filled with swift transition. Naught of earth unmoved can stand. Build your hopes on things eternal. Hold to God's unchanging hand." I haven't sung that song in many years but I think it has a great message. That is the key. Hold to God's unchanging hand. What a blessed assurance―God doesn't change.
If you read Ginger's introduction to Spiritual Sundays for this week you know that she will not be co-hosting that blog with me. At least not for now. I have mixed emotions about it. I totally understand her situation and I think she made the right decision. But I almost feel like I've lost a good friend. Of course I have not lost Ginger. She is still my niece and she is still my friend. But it will just not be the same with her not sharing the hosting on that blog.
We who share on Spiritual Sundays owe so much to Ginger. If not for her influence I doubt I would even be blogging today. Clif had been blogging for a couple of years and had encouraged me to at least write a post on his blog once in a while. I really wasn't at all interested until one day Ginger was at our house and she showed me her blog on my computer. She was so enthusiastic about it and seemed to enjoy it so much that I thought I would give it a try. Until then I had thought that blogging was more of a guy thing. So I started a blog and that led to another one, and another one, and . . . . Then one day Ginger suggested we start a blog that others could link there and share spiritual posts. So we worked on it together, and came up with Spiritual Sundays. That was over three years ago. In that time it has grown from about 20 links to between 70 and 80 each week and sometimes more. When we started it I had no idea what a great blessing it would be for me. I thank each one of you who share there for that.
James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.
James 2:22-24 (in Context) James 2 (Whole Chapter)
James 4:4
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
James 4:3-5 (in Context) James 4 (Whole Chapter)
1 John 4:7
[ God’s Love and Ours ] Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
1 John 4:6-8 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)
1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:10-12 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)
God keeps an eye on his friends, his ears pick up every moan and groan,
Psalm 34:14-16 (in Context) Psalm 34 (Whole Chapter)
We see that friendship is very important to God. I thank Him so much for all of my friends, but most of all I want to be counted among God's friends.

I thank you and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays, Charlotte. You are beautiful, at your age, my friend. I am on up there with you. Yes, thank the Lord for all our friends and for Jesus.
ReplyDeleteI love it when God puts the same subject on several people's mind. I just posted a blog on changes. Spiritual Sundays has been such a blessing in my life. It helps keep my mind focused on what is really important. Thank you so much for taking others into consideration when you started this. Bless You always.
ReplyDeleteSpiritual Blessings has indeed been a blessing to me. It helps me focus on worship and renewal each Sabbath. I hope when I'm your age I am still blessing others to the extent you do. You are so lovely and I sneak in visits here or wherever you post.
ReplyDeleteYour friend,
Pamela
Dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThis was so beautiful and heartfelt. I appreciate the reminder that God never changes and He is a friend above all friends. Though I am new to Spiritual Sundays, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to lose your cohort in the project. I was so blessed reading this...like healing ointment for the soul. Thank you, much. Much love ~ alice PS You DO NOT look 75...wow....you are aging so well....I thought you were in your late fifties...keep doing whatever it is you are doing!!
I just finished writing a comment on Ginger's blog and I want to thank you too for hosting Spiritual Sundays. I don't always have time to comment, it ebs and flows with the seasons, but I throughly enjoy the posts I find here. I would never have believed you are going to be 75, but yes, life is filled with transitions. Just this past week our son moved into the apartment he will share with his wife after their wedding in 5 weeks. Our house is now permanently empty. Another transition, but God will continue to be faithful throughout.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,thank-you for your kind words. It truly has been an amazing 3 years. These scriptures touched my heart, I had no idea that friends were talked about over 400 hundred times in the Bible.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Love,
Ginger
Charlotte the two of you came up with a great idea when you started Spiritual Sunday. I'm glad Ginger encouraged you to blog. I have enjoyed reading your posts, and also participating in Spiritual Sundays each week.
ReplyDeleteYou never know when someone might happen to stop by one of the blogs and find there a flicker of light that will brighten their day and turn them toward the Lord. Faith, hope, and love have been shared every Sunday, and that is a wonderful thing...all because you and Ginger took the time to host the blog. Ginger will be missed and I know God will bless this season of her life as she serves Him in other ways. Thank you both.
I've never liked changes....actually I've been afraid of them....but I know they're really necessary. I'll miss Ginger too but she has a place in my heart....as you do...what you and Ginger have done has been a total blessing. ☺
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing from God's Word...It will stand forever!
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful for you and Ginger, two hostess's with the mostess'. I also consider the writers at Spiritual Sundays very precious friends.
ReplyDeleteSpiritual Sundays has been my most treasured spot on the whole Internet over this last year and a half. The friends I have met here have carried me through. Thank you Charlotte and Ginger for what you have done. You are so appreciated and loved!
ReplyDeleteCarrie
I appreciate you continuing on, Charlotte, even without Ginger. I hope it won't be too big of a burden on you. Thanks for this opportunity to gather a community of believers each week to share our hearts and our Lord.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Charlotte, for hosting Spiritual Sundays. It has been a blessing for me. I will miss Ginger sharing this hosting with you. The two of you had a great idea when you began this blog. I pray your lives have been as blessed as those who gather here!
ReplyDeleteAnd I never would have thought you were 75 years old. You look so young and think with youthful, though wise, thoughts.
I like your last comment about wanting to be friends with God. I read a devotional today that said one of the important things about friendship is listening. And it asked if we act as a friend to God by listening to Him or do we only want to be heard.
Blessings,
Janis
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteSpiritual Sundays has been such a blessing! I didn't know Ginger was your niece, nor did I know Clif was your husband!
Have a blessed day.
Charlotte:
ReplyDeleteI have been so blessed by Spiritual Sundays and I am thankful for you and Ginger.
It's hard to believe you are almost 75 - you look so youthful.
Blessings,
Joan
Blessings to you too.
ReplyDeleteBren
This is definitely a beautiful message, Charlotte, reminding us of our never-changing God.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, friends are like gems, and we thank God for them. I have "met" many kind friends over at Spiritual Sundays. I pray that even with Ginger on a sabbatical leave, the Lord will continue to inspire and empower you to keep SS open for all of us.
Have a blessed week,
Rina
Hello Charlotte, Both you and Ginger have been a blessing to all with Spiritual Sundays. You don't look seventy five and I am sure you don't feel it..you look so serene. Friends are a wonderful thing to have, and to be a friend of Jesus is the best one we can ever have. Love Crystal Mary
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThank you hosting Spiritual Sundays! You and Ginger both have a sweet spirit that comes through in your blog posts , she will be greatly missed.I will be praying for you both.
Thanks for the reminder of what a friend we do have in Jesus. He sticks closer than a brother & He will never leave nor forsake us!
Happy early Birthday ! You are looking fabulous at 75!
Hi Charlotte, it has been a tough the past few weeks. Connie is more ill and time is counted. It has been a turmoil and I just don't know how to blog about her without crying. I just can bring myself to seeing the end coming near in sight. It is most heart breaking to see anyone go through cancer. My emotions are scattered, raw, and unpredictable.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you came by for a visit. I needed to talk. God Bless You!!
Yoli :)
Apron Senorita
Well said Charlotte! You young lady do not look a day over 21! Birthdays come and go and the years race away. It is good to know you here. Much love to you today and always!
ReplyDelete