Friday, September 16, 2011

IN HIS FOOTSTEPS

Following In His Footsteps

When someone does a kindness
it always seems to me
That's the way God up in heaven
would like us all to be.
For when we bring some pleasure
to another human heart
We have followed in His footsteps
and we've had a little part
In serving Him who loves us . . .
for I'm very sure it's true
That in serving those around us
we serve and please Him too.
- Helen Steiner Rice


The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer up somebody else.
- Mark Twain
Matthew 25:40
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 

Matthew 25:39-41 (in Context) Matthew 25 (Whole Chapter)


Today is the first time I've hosted Spiritual Sundays by myself. I'll have to admit it feels a little lonely. But all the encouraging comments from so many has really helped. I know Ginger appreciates all the encouragement she has received also. You have blessed both of our lives so much.

22 comments:

  1. This scripture really ministers to me today, thank you for posting it!
    Much love,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, Charlotte.. I like her poems.
    On another note...at one time we had templates from the same place with the birds? I have been trying to change mine and cannot get rid of the old one from there. Did you have any trouble with that? Looks abit silly with a fall look and birds on the sides of the new template! Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was away last week, so I did not know about the changes. I appreciate your willingness to step in and continue with Spiritual Sundays. Your post is beautiful today.

    Blessings to you.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post....what I am seeing the Christian life is all about...loving others and showing kindness through the power of His Holy Spirit! Will be praying for you, in hosting this weekend...I know you will do a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte...thanks for your help...Clif's too! I had trouble using the template I wanted to so decided this one was find for now! At least the birds flew the coop! ;) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daily desire and prayer: to do acts of kindness to others. Thank you for this beautiful reminder today. It's my prayer, too, that you'll be comforted, encouraged and empowered to continue hosting Spiritual Sundays. It's always a blessed time and opportunity to be sharing God's Word here.

    Have a most blessed weekend,
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been away and didn't know about Ginger! I will have to go read the post about the changes! I have no doubt you will continue on and the Lord will be with you every step of the way! SS is such a blessing to so many! Thank you Charlotte, for your Faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting this site. I always enjoy it. Thank you for your reminder of how we are to react to our daily lives and encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this message....it's similiar to what I wrote....wishing you a great weekend....easy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God bless you, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Charlotte, Thank you for hosting Spiritual Sundays and for following my Saved by Grace blog. You have a lovely blog and I will follow it. Love in Christ, Laurie Collett (http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful truth: The best way to cheer myself up is to cheer up someone else! Thank you, Charlotte, and thank you for Spiritual Sunday and the prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I imagine this is lonely hosting by yourself without Ginger, but we SO appreciate your hard work. You are a blessing.

    I always love the poetry of Helen Steiner Rice. This one is lovely in words and in thought.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mother lived by that quote by Mark Twain. It really does work. Enjoyed the Rice poem, too. It's so easy to be kind. And important enough for God to put "Be ye kind" in the Bible.

    Thank you for continuing to host Spiritual Sundays. You'll never know the encouragement it's been to me.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting us Charlotte. Please just do what you can, and allow others to visit and mingle.
    Blessings,
    Gayle from Behind the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy reading things by Helen Steiner Rice. Thank you for sharing and also for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charlotte I am sure the Lord had a hand in helping you put this post together! Beautifully said! I certainly enjoy knowing you. I am hopeful when I travel to Phoenix in November I can visit with you. I have so enjoyed knowing you here. My love to Ginger. I will stop by and visit her and continue to wish her well. Life can get in our way and we often must step back and look around! Lots of TLC for Ginger! Hugs to you and your sweet hubby too! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for stopping and commenting at Jeremiah 29:11 and letting me link up each Spiritual SONday! HOPE you have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great post and poem, Charlotte ~ Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful poem, my friend. ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for visiting me today and for your sweet comments on my pumpkin tree.
    I bought extra cans of pumpkin last year that was dated far ahead. I had a problem finding them last year. When I did I stocked up!
    Hope you can find what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte