I like this poem by Helen Steiner Rice.
Roses Always Make a
Garden a Bit More Lovely
Like roses in a garden,
kindness fills the air
With a certain bit of sweetness
as it touches everywhere.
For kindness is a circle
that never, never ends
But just keeps ever-widening
in the circle of our friends.
For happiness is only found
in bringing it to others
And thinking of the folks next door
as sisters and as brothers.
For the more you give, the more you get
is proven every day.
And so to get the most from life
you must give yourself away.
And if this greedy world today
would only start to give
Life everywhere for everyone
would be more sweet to live.
Luke 10:27
He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
Luke 10:26-28 (in Context) Luke 10 (Whole Chapter)
John 13:35
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:34-36 (in Context) John 13 (Whole Chapter)
He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
Luke 10:26-28 (in Context) Luke 10 (Whole Chapter)
John 13:35
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:34-36 (in Context) John 13 (Whole Chapter)
Each week as I read what others have shared on Spiritual Sundays I am reminded of the love that is shown. Thank you to all who share there each week. Be sure to go to that blog to find out how we can show our love for others by being a part of the Miracle Makeover that is coming up next month.


Charlotte, Bless you for hosting. Spiritual Sundays has brought me a lot of joy in the past 2 years that I have been following.
ReplyDeleteOh, that particular color rose reminds me so much of my grandmother. She always had roses and arrangements on her dining room table.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like the scent of a rose, but can you imagine how heaven must smell? Ahhhh.
I'm so glad you've shared more Helen Steiner Rice with us!
ReplyDeleteThis makes me pause and remember my grandma ... and smile. Thanks!
Such a beautiful pink rose! I love the smell of roses too. Love the poem too. I'm not surprised many show love to you Charlotte. You are a blessing to so many. I wish I had more free time as I would love to get together with you again some time.
ReplyDeleteblessings and love,
Debbie
I love pink roses, even more than red ones! I love the smell of roses! The poem is lovely!
ReplyDeleteHI CHARLOTTE!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE roses, mine right now do not look so good, I think I need to feed them....I went to a great ladies luncheon at North Phx Baptist and the keynote speaker compared us to roses as we all need water, fertilizer and pruning.....God is so good.
Hugs,
jamie
I also love Roses. Not only are they beautiful but the fragrance is a wonderful reminder of the fragrance of our Savior. Have a blessed weekend.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com
Beautiful! Those who love Jesus and shine through with kindness have been so important in my life and such blessings. :)
ReplyDeleteI love roses, too. Unfortunately, I can not cut them and bring them inside... allergies! My favorite color is yellow. I had them in my wedding! Happy Spiritual Sunday :)
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte, I love HSR but I don't think I've read this poem before. It's lovely and so is the rose. Thank you for hosting SS and the Prayer Request blogs. Blessings to you and yours this weekend.
ReplyDeleteRoses are my very favorite flower. Thank you for sharing your beauties and most inspiring words.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that beautiful rose, poem, and the verses about love, Charlotte. Blessings ~
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the rose and the beautiful poem.I so enjoy reading the posts at Spiritual Sundays. Even when I can't manage the time to link a post it is so uplifting to read the many heart felt posts. Thanks for hosting.
ReplyDeleteGiving our all...the best way to live.
ReplyDeleteLove, love your background. Feeds my soul.
Love,
Pamela
I love pink roses....a friend gave me some pink roses and told me they mean friendship....coupled with love.....I think it's pretty neat b/c I've met so many amazing bloggy friends through Spiritual Sunday....
ReplyDeleteThanks for deleting my first link..hope you have great week...
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the photo of a beautiful rose along with this poem on kindness. The words of Helen Steiner Rice resonate.
Blessings and peace.
MTJ
When I moved into this new rural Arkansas home last August I knew I had rose bushes but it was not until this season that I saw the many colors of Roses I had ...I have some deep red velvet Roses, a yellow Rose with reddish trim on it, a very soft pink rose, and a vibrant red rose....just gorgeous ...the LORD has been so good to me! Always enjoy reading your blogs!
ReplyDelete