Here is how the Bible describes heaven:
1Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:1-4)
This verse indicates that there will be a new heaven and a new earth because the first the first ones have passed away. I have to admit that my finite mind cannot really comprehend all of this. In fact, I think it is beyond our comprehension. I do know one thing. I want to be there.
Children try to understand it and I think it's interesting to note some of the things they come up with. It also puts a smile on my face. Here are some samples taken from Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins' book Are We Living in the End Times.
The best part of heaven is the party Jesus is going to give us. Lots of babies will be in heaven. If we need our dolls in heaven, Jesus will have them there. Micah Leake, age 3
There are roads of gold, gates of pearl, and after you have walked through the gates of pearl, I think you might see a humongous throne. I think the throne is made out of bricks of gold and outlined with pearls, decorated with emeralds―maybe even rubies! I don't know if I'm right, but I do know you will have to have bare feet. Emily Edwards, age 7.
I think heaven would have fences in it with strawberries. David who fighted Goliath would be there too. I think heaven would have blueberries and gold in it. Old people will be there and God's angels. There also will be a big, big feast that keeps everybody full. Andrew Edwards, age 3.
I think heaven would have fences in it with strawberries. David who fighted Goliath would be there too. I think heaven would have blueberries and gold in it. Old people will be there and God's angels. There also will be a big, big feast that keeps everybody full. Andrew Edwards, age 3.
Heaven will be like living in the clouds with Christ and you can roller-blade on streets of gold. Peter will give you fishing lessons. We'll all be able to fly. We'll play tag in the sky. The trees will be made of gold and the leaves of silver. My point is, heaven is going to be wonderful! Isaac Allen Jones, age 11.
Don't forget the Miracle Makeover Blog party coming up next month. You can read about it on Spiritual Sundays and there are links there to find out more about it. I will be posting more details soon. I have had the privilege of previewing a video telling about the latest makeover. It will be available for everyone to view soon. Be looking forward to that also.


I love the idea of strawberries in heaven's fence. I think there will be so many blessings and small pleasures for us!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to wrap my brain around what heave will be like, but I want to go! If we don't get to meet here on earth, I hope to see you there.
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend hugs,
Kat
Oh Charlotte, how sweet those children's quotes were! You can just hear the child-like faith in their words...precious!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder that this world is not our home...we are just passing through to a better place, a place where God will dwell with us!
Blessings,
Charlotte (the other one:)
I love that you added the children's opinions! Bet you liked the comment about the little dolls could be there..Jesus will provide. Very nice reminder as stated above. It will be heavenly!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking little Andrew's parents fed him a lot of fruit. =D I can't wait for Heaven!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the sweet quotes. We all need to have child like faith when it comes to heaven.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com
loved the picture....heaven...hard to imagine but when I'm sitting with HIm....no worries...no fears...feeling pure peace...and joy...I think it's like that but 100 times more. And I love how kids think.....Hope your weekend is great...and that you guys are staying cool.
ReplyDeletePrecious. Let the little children teach us!
ReplyDeleteOh, this made me smile! Have a great weekend, Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this post.. the kid's descriptions are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank-you for supporting Miracle Makeover week! Charlotte I appreciate you.
Lovely post...so fun to read the descriptions of heaven by children...so sweet. I enjoyed very much the book Heaven Is Real about a young boy who visited heaven during a near death experience. Fascinating. God bless.
ReplyDeleteAwww...so precious. I love the picture. We all have heaven pictured differently, but I'm with the little boy who thinks strawberries will be there. Lots of babies, too -- including my Sarah Janene!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Pamela
Very sweet! Eye has not seen& Ear has not heard, it is hard for us to imagine .
ReplyDeleteWhenever I see something so beautiful I think that Heaven will be even more beautiful. I love the picture~~
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Ginger
Awww - LOVE to think of heaven - as the old Christian hymn goes, "I'm but a stranger here, HEAVEN is my HOME." As a member of the baby boomer generation, I'm finding that the older I get, the more I understand that!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm with Micah, I know God will be providing all our needs there (as He does here - only even better) - and if we need dolls, they'll be there! :)
Thanks for such a sweet and encouraging post!
That picture made me smile too. I don't know exactly what heaven will be like, but I know it will be wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHeaven will be wonderful! Thank you for hosting this site and the comments you faithfully give. May God bless your week!
ReplyDeleteIsn't a child's wisdom and imagination the best?! Your accompanying picture makes me smile, as well.
ReplyDeleteI love the promise, "There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain."
A sweet post, Charlotte ~ Children are so precious. Blessings ~
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post, Charlotte. My young son asked if heaven would have "White Castle" fast food restaurants.
ReplyDeleteGreat thoughts on the afterlife! The thought of heaven should always keep us going.
ReplyDeleteLoved all the kids' thoughts! All these precious quotes remind me of the song from when our oldest was a toddler--"Heaven is a wonderful place. Filled with glory and grace. I want to see my Savior's face cause heaven is a wonderful place....I wanna go there." Not sure I quoted it accurately but that was what came to mind while reading your post.
ReplyDeleteLovely thoughts to curl up with.
Thank you, Charlotte.
Blessings,
Janis
Hubby is beginning to recover--now that we are a week out from his surgery. Thank you for your thoughts for him.
I'm finally getting back to viewing blogs, and I am so glad i did. This picture put a smile on my face too, silly, maybe, but true for the bunnies. i picture a place with great beauty and not a tear in sight...yes, heaven!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post ~ just perusing through your blog. Gave me a good laugh too!!
ReplyDelete