Wednesday, June 1, 2011

NEW PROGRAM

Thought I was going to pay $5.00 for a new program I just downloaded. Guess what? It was on sale for 99¢. So what is this new program you ask? It's called iSplash. It's a Mac program so don't know if it is available for PC. So what does it do? It turns a color photo into black and white and then you can color in the part you want colored. The picture of me in the header picture is an example. I just colored my hat pink. The rest is black and white. (I did add a little sepia tone to the whole header.) Here's another example. This time I colored my blouse and left the rest black and white. (Faded frame added with another program called Flare.)


And the next one I just colored my necklace and top.

It just occurred to me this would be good to share for Pink Saturday. Maybe I will.

OK. So I decided I will share this for Pink Saturday and add another photo. This one is pink bougainvillea in our back yard growing by a palm tree. I just colored the pink part. 

The bracts (not blossoms) start out orange and then turn pink.

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!

Thanks again to Beverly of How Sweet the Sound for hosting Pink Saturday each week.

MY SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS POST IS ON MY OTHER BLOG THIS WEEK: http://char72.wordpress.com/

40 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea; you're SO creative, Charlotte!
    .... Now if I just had a MAC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has this on his IPAD and LOVES it!! sometimes the pics can look REALLY WEIRD but mostly they are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love playing around with colours so this sounds like fun to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Charlotte....you are very "pretty in pink"!! You are a beautiful lady...inside and out...and I thank you dearly for all the precious comments you leave at Jeremiah 29:11! HOPE you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're just having too much fun!
    Very creative, happy coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hybiscus! There was so much of it in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I am SOOOOO going to get this application!!! Thanks for sharing. I always wondered how people did that to pictures.

    The flower picture is especially cool though they all are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked up iSplash and it was an application to make pictures look like they are under water. Is that the name? iSplash? I would really love to have it. Bethinnorthc@gmail.com Thanks so much Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never mind. I found it. :o) Called Color Splash. Thanks again for sharing. Sorry for all of the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool!! I have a Mac, so I'll give it a try. Happy Pink Saturday!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ! of course we don't have a Mac.
    Happy Pink Saturday (())

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the info. I'm off to check it out! Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a great and fun thing to have. I better stick to what I have. I am not the computer expert some of you are. I love what you did. You do not have to look for pinks now, just make your own. How wonderful that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Pink Saturday!!!
    What fun :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Char~
    I love this! Can it take in hips? (If so, then I'll go out and buy a Mac(=0)
    Hope you have a happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS I really like your blogger header

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you will have lots of fun playing around with your new program. It was certainly a great deal and I can't wait to see what you can do with it.
    You are in the pink!!
    Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Charlotte..that is so awesome!! You did a great job..I love your pink shirt!
    Happy pink Saturday to you and have a happy weekend too! xoxo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cool...and I am a Mac person. I cannot wait to give it a try. Sounds like oddness of fun. Love the shots and the touches of color. You did a great job. HPS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative. Rats, I don't have a MAC. Sure enjoyed looking at what you achieved though. Keep on iSplashing. See you next week.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your new program. Hope it comes out for PC. Love the effect! I've always been partial to black & white photos & the touch of color is perfect. Thanks for the share! Your newest follower...
    Wags, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  22. ilove your ispash of pink! Thank you for sharing the names of the programs... I don't have a Mac, but would love to try something out like this. Happy Pink Saturday! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool thing! Love the necklace touch and those Bouganvillia are gorgeous. We have them here in Ohio during the Summer..trying to Winter them over is hard tho.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so neat!
    Have a beautiful PS week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good job Charlotte. I love to mess with new ideas to change and improve photos. Fun to do. Orange to pink is very interesting. Love your pink today.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful!

    great job, I love this program, but, I don't have Mac I have windows 7;/

    Happy pink saturday!

    visit me anytime...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun! Thank you for sharing this. I went straight to my Mac and bought it and tested it. One thing I noticed. I do not use iPhoto. When the iSplash screen came up, it had a button "get from iPhoto" and I thought, "Oh dear, I can't use it." Being curious by nature tho, I clicked on that button and it just brought up all my files. I selected on of the pictures from my files of photos and it worked just fine!

    And re: what Beth wrote - this is iSplash on the Mac computer. I think she found iSplashes for the iPhone or iPad as I checked to see if they offered this app there as well. And I am now off to check her ColorSpash for the iPhone.

    Thanks for such a fun visit. Won't my grandkids and I enjoy coloring photos this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What fun, you can do all kind of creative things! And your blog is simply lovely.

    Happy Pink SAturday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy PS, so much fun with digital photography and computer software programs...one could do nothing else but sit in front of these tools, so addicting and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love colorsplash!
    Beautifully done!
    Smiles~
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very fun! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Pink Saturday, Charlotte. I see you are first in line today. I ran the roads all day yesterday - crazy busy. I am so ready for this Sunday. I need to have my time of peace and reflection.

    Your photos looks fantastic, and so does your blog. You know I think you are beautiful, and your good heart shines through your smile.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is so neat! Looks like lots of fun.
    Glad that you told about the bracts, not many know about that.
    I'm your new follower!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are always a wealth of information. I am glad I stopped by. Trying to cover PS and SS in one! Have a terrific week. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow that is so so wonderful.. Wish I had a Mac?? but I am going to see if it goes on windows?? Its great to share idea's. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Charlotte, I simply love your header and reading this I post, even very late, I was amazed at the creativity of this isplash. I am sure if PC does not have one now they will soon. Such competition today! I am PC not Mac. I do want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments on my two recent posts. Thank you from my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte