Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SAFARI vs. OPERA


Safari is the browser that came with my computer. I thought it was very good and still do. Then I downloaded Opera to give it a try because I'm always experimenting with something on the computer. I didn't use it much because I had a problem with it when I did postings for my blogs. So I quit using it altogether for a long time. Then one day I tried it again. There was an update for it so I downloaded that. Then - I was amazed. Now I'm completely sold on Opera. I thought Safari was fast, but Opera is definitely faster. Most things come up instantly. Also, Opera has so many neat/cool features. I was tempted to try Firefox. Clif uses it on his computer and I definitely like it better than Internet Explorer, but I decided to leave well enough alone and use Opera mostly and Safari occasionally. Who knows, one of these days I'll probably let the curiousity get the best of me and I'll give Firefox a try. There is just so much good stuff on these computers.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I have firefox and have liked it thus far with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very computer savvy!

    I see that NatureGirl is out in your community.
    http://nature-trail.blogspot.com/
    Thought you would be interested.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for writing about this. I've also downloaded it, tried it, then given up on it. But after reading this, I'll have to try it again on my very handy and slightly slow Toshiba netbook. Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed that you know the lingo...I am guessing that all these words do pertain to the computer. Opera? I thought that a musical performance and safaris were a type of tour in the wild. hmmm time to rethink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was paying my bills ... so I went to your blog and had your music playing in the background while I did them. It was so much nicer to do bills while beautiful music played in the background. Thankyou. :)
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to use firefox and loved it but I could not play utube videos on it. I have heard that Opera was great. I was just reading what Ruthie said,how sweet. Maybe I will use your music next month when I pay bills,it's very calming.The kids are a sleep so I just wanted to stop by.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Charlotte,

    We use firefox...but I didn't even know about Opera! I'll have to have my resident computer expert...aka my son!...check it out. I'm like you...I just want it to do what I want...fast!
    I was thinking just the other day...I could never have imagined this technology when I was a little girl...makes you wonder what the future holds in this field! Of course, we know what the real future holds...and Who holds it!

    Have a blessed day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte