Friday, February 11, 2011

I LOVE US

It's that time of year again when people are thinking "Love". As I mentioned in my introduction on Spiritual Sundays this week, the newest thing to tell the one you love is not "I love you", but "I love us," meaning I love us together.

So, what does God say about love? Many books have been written about it. The greatest book written about love is the Bible. In fact, the two most important commandments are both about love. The first one is to love God with all your heart, soul and mind and the second one is to love your neighbor as yourself.

I love I Corinthians' definition of love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (New International Version, ©2010)


 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

So, back to the subject of this post ― I LOVE US. I love us together, meaning my blogging friends. To think that just a little over 3 years ago, I didn't know any of you. Well, maybe one or two or three. Most of you I had not met. Now there are so many of you out there in blogland who have blessed my life. I love all of you. 

Thought I would also share with you this picture of hubby and me over 52 years ago as we were leaving the church after our wedding. I LOVE US.


Of course I'm sharing this on Spiritual Sundays, and since Beverly has included red in Pink Saturday, I think I'll share this for Pink Saturday as well. Here is the Spiritual Sundays link: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ and here is the Pink Saturday link: http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/pink-saturday/

45 comments:

  1. What a sweet Valentine greeting! And I agree - I have been so blessed as well, including by all of you here at Spiritual Sunday! All the encouraging Bible verses, praise and worship hymn songs, and sweet devotionals are always such a joy! And Happy Pink Saturday as well! :) I have a bit of a Valentine Party round up going on at SandwichINK so am linking todays up with both of you as well - though still doing my norm on Sunday. Have a blessed and beautiful week and a lovely Valentine's Day with your sweet groom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,

    I've never heard the phrase, "I love us", but I certainly appreciate the kindness extended to me by you and Ginger. I thank God for you and Clif; a love that endures.

    Although I've only just begun my blog journey, I have been blessed to meet so many Christians who share their faith and love.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful love post and your picture is so lovely, what a precious memory, thanks for sharing !
    Have a truly blessed day dear blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte,
    What a sweet picture of you and Cliff! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    You and Clif were two of the first people to welcome me to the land of blogging and so you are both very special to me! Thank you for being my friends and for your love and support.
    Happy Valentines Day to you, my sweet friend!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post is very good and thought provoking. enjoyed seeing your wedding photo. long time lot of love. take care rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday!


    I adore this photo, it looks like right out of a movie! Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Charlotte, We are "neighbors" on Beverly's Pink Saturday party this week! My daughter is also named Charlotte--love that name! Your photo of you and your hubby is so precious. You both look so happy and maybe a little bit dazed! We just celebrated our 30th, and of course used that passage from Corinthians in our service. It doesn't really seem so long ago! Happy Valentine's Day! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! 52 years! Congrats! That's what I call true love. I get exactly what you are saying. We are truly blessed!
    Have a sweet pink Saturday!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great picture! You two are certainly an encouragement to me and so many others! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the wonderful post! I love us to, being united in the faith we share. Praying for each other and enjoying all the encouraging stories.
    Happy Valentines Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very sweet post. Not many make it 52 years anymore. You are very blessed and fortunate. We can have all kinds of friends, but none will replace the blogg ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday, Happy Valentines Day ... what a wonderful picture of you and your Sweetie.
    I think loving "us" is perfect !
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous and wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing your love with all of us. Happy Pink Saturday and Red Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a precious post. I love all the old photos you post, and the one of you and hubby is priceless! Happy Spiritual Sunday. May your Valentine's Day be very special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, Charlotte ... and I love this picture of you two!!!
    Someday, won't you tell us how you met? ... and when did you know he was "the one"?

    BTW, I'm again unable to pull up Clif's post. (Could just be my computer?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thoroughly enjoy SS. Thank you for all you and Ginger do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday Charlotte, Great picture of you and your Valentine! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how darling, Charlotte. You guys are beautiful and I'm sure as happy now as then. Happy Valentine's day. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post and wonderful picture!

    Happy PS,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Charlotte if this isn't the sweetest post EVER!! Yours and Clif's Love is one that not only inspires me but is such an example of a godly love and marriage! The Lord shines so brightly through both of you and it shows even all those years ago! I am sooo very thankful for both of you! Love you both so much! Have a blessed weekend and Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful photograph of a beautiful, happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your Valentine inspired layout and your post. I didn't know the phrase "I love us."

    You were a pair of cute newlyweds! Congratulations on 52 years! Our 42nd was last summer. You've inspired me to post an old wedding photo or two!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Pink Saturday! And God Bless You...stop by Pink Sugar Castle...I'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great post and saying! I loved seeing the wedding photo. Congrats on 52 years!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a great photo....you look radiant...both of you do....Love...it makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very lovely. What a cute couple of newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    Love is in the air. Such a gorgeous share. The photo of you and DH is just so beautiful. Look at your faces, so full of love. Charlotte this is a beautiful share.

    Hope you have a beautiful weekend sweet friend and Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  28. Charlotte...what a beautiful expression "I Love Us"....well, I love your post as well. Thank you so much for sharing. Your "Just Married" picture is beyond sweet and so loving.

    Have a great and blessed weekend!!!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so thankful that my friend Shirley introduced me to blogging and Spiritual Sundays. Our commonality with Jesus and each other is a blessing beyond words. Thank you for making this happen for each of us. Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Charlotte, I agree so much with you, and once agian, thank you to you and Ginger for the Spiritual Sundays blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, what fun to see the photo of the two of you...beautiful post Charlotte...I like the "I love us" idea!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Charlotte,
    Thank you so much for your nice comments on my post. I know I will see her again and that is comforting to me right now.
    I love the photo of you and Clif on you wedding day.

    Many hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aw, I love that picture. And I love the "I love us" theme. So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Charlotte,
    Amen!
    And I love the wedding picture of you and your hubby. Congrats on a wonderful and long marriage. What a blessing,
    love
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that saying, I hadn't heard it before. I your wedding picture is adorable! Love it. Enjoy the Tea Party with your AZ friends. I just love tea rooms.

    Have a grace filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your post about “I love us” This is such a sweet post, because to me is all about Love. Love is God. Love is why Jesus came. Love is why we exist. Love is the center of all things! Love, love, love. And the picture, you guys look SO incredibly happy and you look so gorgeous! What a beautiful picture of the two of you.
    Happy Hearts Day to you and Clif ♥ And much Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  37. I had no idea when I started blogging last October that I'd meet so many precius people. People from the family of God!

    I love the picture, too!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  38. Charlotte - a lovely photo of a lovely couple. You and Clif are such a blessing and your fifty-two years of marriage are a testimony of love.

    Happy Valentine's day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all the heart shapes on your blog :). I love us, too! I'm thankful for all new friends in Blogland. What a sweet picture of you and Clif! May your Valentine's Day be filled with God's love!

    http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/2011/02/dvd-review-and-giveaway-most-deluxe.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love us makes so much sense because of Jesus. He is the equation here at Spiritual Sundays and I love you and Ginger and all the blogger family. These floating hearts are perfect...it is the way I feel when I log on to your site! Hot diggity! What a swell photo of you and Clif.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy Valentine's Day !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  42. i love your photo! hallmark had their commercials this year for valentines day that had the same saying. i love us! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a beautiful bride you were - and I liked your funny valentine video too but thought I would comment here because I liked the just married picture so much. I am really enjoying the spiritual sundays - so many lovely people who are bringing Gods Word. Nice to meet you. Betty (mrsyappydog)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte