Saturday, November 6, 2010

GOD MOVES IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

After a lengthy bout with despair, severe depression and suicide attempts, writer and poet William Cowper (1731-1800) discovered comfort in God's providence, which led him to write "Shining Out of Darkness".

God moves in a mysterious way,
His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.


Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never failing skill,
He treasures up his bright designs,
And works his sovereign will.


Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust him for his grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He  hides a smiling face.


The following video is a different tune than the one I am familiar with, but I think it is beautiful, and the video is beautiful.




I know in my own life events that seemed catastrophic at the time turned out to be a wonderful blessing. I'm sure this is true in everyone's life. Think back and remember when God worked in a mysterious way in your life.

Be sure to visit Spiritual Sundays for many links to inspirational posts.

31 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I don't have to think back far. Just the last several weeks, when my family and I were going through some very serious issues, at least they were to us. God sent us his Grace and with every ounce of energy I had, I prayed and prayed, never doubting, and figured it would be months before these problems were solved, and within 2 weeks, we have been so blessed with miracles beyond comprehension, all because of faith and knowing it's all in his time, but he will never forget you. I have been blessed throughout my life, but these were miracles! Thank you for such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a beautiful post.. i love this song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, this is so true. We never know how God works. The Bible even says His ways are past finding out. That's what it means to trust. Not always easy, but always best.

    I enjoyed the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True. We don't understand how He works, but then we don't need to. He is always faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the greatest videos, Charlotte! This is so beautiful ... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video was so beautiful Charlotte. As I've been going through tough times, it's easy to become depressed. I try to focus on the lessons learned and the good that God will bring out of it all. But I must admit there are those moments too. I think I needed to come to visit you today.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post Charlotte....and I liked the video...He really does look out for our best...He'll never let us down. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible reminder of God's grace! Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. This is beautiful. I always look forward to your posts and to Spiritual Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, This was such a beautiful video and song.I enjoyed it and your post today.
    God Bless and Hugs,
    Ginge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words--I thought I had heard ever Christian song ever written but that is a new one for me.

    Hope your weekend is blessed. Thanks for all you do to make S.S. a reality.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thank you, this is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. God bless dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok I asked the Lord to help me get through to your blog AND also be able to comment....Well, I'm here AND commenting!! PRAISE YOU LORD!! Guess what I did that was different?? Well, I looked at your web address while waiting for the page to turn up and as it has done for the past 3 weeks nothing happened. I happened to notice that the web address didn't have www. in it so I just put the www. in front of athomeinscottsdale and viola I got to your blog then I tried to comment and it went back to same way without the www. and sure enough I the comment page wouldn't open up so....I added that back in and now I am commenting! Isn't that strange! I guess for some weird reason I have to have the www. on the web addresses for them to open! You know, I am just thrilled to and am praying that THIS truly is the problem because that is such an easy fix!!!

    What a beautiful song and Post! I can remember some of the MOST difficult times in my life have truly been when we have experienced the Lord and HIS amazing grace, power and healing!! I truly cannot imagine going through any difficult time without the LORD! We are more than conquerors through HIM!!!

    Love you Charlotte ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this lovely praise and worship music and reminder that Romans 8:28 is truly true - He works ALL things together for good for those who love Him. Such an awesome promise we can trust in as we wait on God! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Lord is there in the darkest hour, I know. And by His grace and mighty power, he does lift us up.
    Beautiful song and post.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  16. So true. We don't always understand how he works but we have to trust that his plan is always right and better than we can imagine.Thanks for sharing the video and song. It was a blessing.
    Happy Spiritual Sunday, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful, Charlotte, and so inspiring...Sometimes, it's true--we don't know why things happen and as a very wise friend of mine says, "The future is always being assembled." Sometimes in that "future," the steps that take us toward it become clearer as to why we took the paths we did...
    Wishing you a blessed Sunday,
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. A friend of mine recently commented about something she had once heard, "when you can't see God's hand in a situation, trust His heart." Even in our darkest hours, He is with us and working all things for our good.

    Thank you for sharing thi today, Charlotte.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are such lovely words. Loved the video. Thank you for posting it for this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Charlotte,
    Even now, in the middle of this trial, I am trusting Him to work everything out. I don't know how long it will take but I know He will take care of it. I know His peace will come.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful pictures in this video...and lovely song. Yes, it is true...so often God reaches down into our pain or trial and blesses us beyond our needs! God bless you for the reminder..

    ReplyDelete
  22. God works in ways we cannot see, but He will make a way for us where there seems to be no way. But it's exciting to know that at least my future is in His hand, so needn't be worrying so much!
    Much Blessings,
    Virginia :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Lyrics. Thanks for posting this. I haven't heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a beautiful post, Charlotte, and I completely AMEN your thoughts at the end. Every single time something has seemed to present itself as catastrophic...unfolding through the days proves a beauty that only God can perform. Much like my stale attitude on Saturday and how wonderful, just perfect, this Sunday was for me. He is so much more than this, even. What love, wondrous, unfailing, marvelous love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing this wonderful hymn/video! This past summer, my son and I read about hymn writers; I remember reading about William Cowper and his struggles. God is on our side. Our hope is in Christ. We just need to remember to fix our eyes on Him, instead of our problems :).

    Thanks again, Charlotte, for voting for my daughter's video and for helping spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good Morning Charlotte,
    How great to see God's hand move in ways we never expected, especially in troubling times, and there have been many in my life, but God has always been there so faithful and true. Thank you for sharing this video, the photos as well as the music so uplifting.
    Hope your day is filled with many blessings,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful post and beautiful song! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. back from a trip. great video. loved the words which are so meaningful as well as the pictures. thanks rose

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful song. So glad to hear all this music new to me from the friends who post on Spiritual Sundays, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What you said is so true. At the time we may not understand, but God uses it in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte