Sunday, August 8, 2010

CHOCOLATE

OK. I admit it. I'm totally addicted to chocolate. Wouldn't a chocolate keyboard like this one be nice?

As I said, I love chocolate so when my daughter gave me her Chocolate cell phone, after she had gotten a new one, I was thrilled. No, the phone isn't chocolate color. It is black, but just the name was enough to convince me I wanted to switch my old cell phone for this "chocolate" one. I don't actually use a cell phone very much so I just kind of stored it away in my purse waiting for a time to use it. When I took it out a couple of days ago it was totally dead. I charged it up, but it still wouldn't even try to come on. So, yesterday I took it down to a Verizon store to find out what the problem was. When the guy looked at it, he said, "Oh, those chocolate phones have all kinds of problems." Of course he wanted to sell me a new phone, but I had taken my old phone with me in case this one couldn't be fixed, so I just had him switch my number back to the old phone. I'm sure he was terribly disappointed because he probably thought I would buy a new one and sign a new contract for sure. I fooled him.
So why am I even writing this post? It's because it shows how one can be perfectly happy with what they have until they think they're going to get something better. I was perfectly happy with the phone I had until the chocolate one came along. I'm just wondering if any of you have a LG Chocolate phone and if you have had any problems with it. My daughter said she didn't have any problem with this one at all. Maybe it just didn't like me so it died. I'm still wondering if I got a new battery for it if it would work. Think I'll check into it further. I really like that chocolate phone. Here's a photo.

Post Script:  Took the phone to Best Buy. Turns out it didn't even need a battery. I just wasn't trying to turn it on right. Wouldn't you think I would have found that out at the Verizon store? Wouldn't you think I would have had sense enough to do it right after reading the instructions several times. Oh well, live and learn my Mama always said. LOL

7 comments:

  1. I have an update on amden on arise 2 write.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, glad you dropped in today and that you enjoyed some music of Mozart.
    When we signed a new contract with Verizon, three family members received free phones with the one that was purchased as part of the contract, and three people were happy with their new phones. Mine would not stay charged for more than a day. Verizon did give me a new battery, and now everyone is happy.
    It might just be the battery. It would be nice if the store could tell if it was the battery or the phone.
    But back to your point. Yes, sometimes we are quite contented until we look over the fence and see that proverbial grass. A thought just came to me...in defense of man's nature, maybe that trait (to get better) stems from the same thing that urges us to makes things better, or maybe I am just use to making excuses for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chocolate keyboard. Of course I would devour it and never get anything typed. My sister had a Chocolate phone and I believe it worked well for her. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this same phone in white and it is troublesome. Can't wait until it's time to pick out a new one.

    Now, where can I get a chocolate keyboard? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of a chocolate phone until I saw your facebook post and this blog post. I have an iPhone and love love love it.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte! So nice to hear from you, it has been a bit of a challenge to post, I have just been too busy with my kids and family! I am going to try and set one day aside to post, and comment, then maybe I can keep up!

    I used to have that same phone and man did I love it, then I dropped it in some water, that was the end of that, I hate my new phone...sigh!
    I have been dreaming about the pink texting phone at Fred Meyer, it is just so pretty, maybe I will accidentally drop this one in the toilet...: )

    Take care and hope your week is amazing,
    Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI!!
    I have a 2 or 3 year old phone and it it not fancy or functional hardly at all, I want a new flip phone so I can text my kids as that is their preferance way to keep in touch!!!
    I have been so busy this summer and looking forward to fall and cooler weather!!!
    I also LOVE CHOCOLATE!!haha
    hugs sweetie,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte