Friday, April 16, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS


1 Cor. 13 -- 4  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

How important is "love"? Even greater than faith and hope? "The greatest of these is love."


Click HERE to go to the Spiritual Sundays blog for links to spiritual/inspirational posts.

27 comments:

  1. Such a great verse. Love it. Your graphics are lovely and appropriate for the season. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can never get tired reading it over and over. Beautiful! To know what true love means. God bless and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char,this is a great posting.I have created a now catagory of blogs on my site.your blog is listed there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scripture! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love this portion of scripture. My daughter Melody when she got married had these scriptures written all over her cake. It was just soo beautiful and says soo much. Have a wonderful week-end. BLESSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these verses and your graphics. This is a passage of scripture I need to read again and again.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful reminder and always timely. Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. This verse was read at my wedding and still very much a favorite.

    Thank you so very much for your recent kind thoughts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, Charlotte, Very wise, there is none greater than love...it does conquer all....It mends hurt and heals wounded souls..
    Would that more should share the love around.
    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful verse Charlotte. I love your nature song, and your blog.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love this chapter in the Bible! I never get tired of reading it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend, Charlotte.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. always a joy to read these words! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This graphic is so beautiful and the Love Chapter is so important to remember. Thanks for sharing today.....God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no wiggle room in this scripture, is it? LOL! Thanks Charlotte.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can benefit from reading this chapter of verses any time and it be up to date. We almost need it daily.

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these verses. Your graphic is beautiful. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you for this reminder. ☺ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Charlotte, I love this! This is what I posted last week, but yours is so much prettier! Thank you for sharing. Thank you for your comment to me. Thank you so much for always co-hosting Spiritual Sundays! It is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, Charlotte, thank you. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. If we could all live lives worthy of this Scripture and model ourselves and our Love Walk after these precious and powerful instructions, oh what a glorious world it would be!

    but then again, it is the HOPE that we have to look forward to in Eternity! :)

    Love you Charlotte and by the way I fixed my post! Thank you sooo very much for saying something ~ I hate that it wasn't right for the whole day :( I thought I checked it but clearly I didn't completely!

    Have a blessed weekend my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charlotte, I've such enjoyment from your posts of late -- thank you for enriching my days!

    Warm wishes to you and Clif for a wonderfully satisfying new week!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Charlotte,

    Perfect verse........thank you for reminding us all! Have a blessed week.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is I Corinthians 13. Beautiful language.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are such famous Bible verses and yet I never get tired of hearing them and reading them! They are such a blessed gift to us. Thank you for such a treat today and for the lovely visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, I needed this reminder today. Whatever we do needs to be done in the love of God, if not then it is a waste of time. Great post, you are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have always loved the LOVE chapter. The graphics to this are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Elizabet Elliot says , Put , your name in place of Love , Just to see how well you're doing in living the Christian Life. Whenever I do that , I don't get very far before I am convicted & ask the Lord for forgiveness . I love these verses , they are beautiful .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte