I didn't know so many strange, beautiful, ugly, weird, large, small, instruments existed in the world until I went to the new Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix a couple of days ago.
They advertise they have over 10,000 instruments. We spent several hours there but plan to go back soon to see the rest of them. I took a lot of pictures and just finished posting several of them on Sharing My Photos. You can click HERE to go to that blog.
The museum opened on Saturday which happened to be my mother's birthday. That fact makes it even more special to me.
If you live in the Phoenix area, you will want to visit it I'm sure. It is close to Desert Ridge at Tatum and Mayo Blvd.



This sounds like fun. The guitar with the flowers on it is so beautiful, I have never seen anything like that.We went to a concert Sat. night they auction off two guitar both at over 8,000 dollars.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day,
Ginger
How very interesting! Did not know there were that many instruments either!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Nancy
Sounds soooo awesome....will go take a peek at your pics :)
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
This sounds like an interesting place to visit! Thank you for sharing about it.
ReplyDeleteHI Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI love museums and I love Music, so It may just be calling my name!!!!
How cool is this new place!!!!
So happy you got to go and on your Mother's Birthday, she is smiling down from heaven!!!Playing a Harp as you walk the museum!!!!
Hugs,
jamie
How exciting. I wish it wasn't so far away. I'm sure my boys and I would love to visit as we love music and my boys play some instruments.
ReplyDeleteKelly
This sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteindian classified site