
The tall plant is an ocotillo cactus with pretty orange blooms way out on the ends. If you look closely you can see the oranges on the neighbor's tree (at the left).
Here's a closeup of the pretty lavender flowers in the neighbor's yard.
This pink bougainvillea is under a huge tree and gets way too much shade so it isn't usually this colorful.
And here is some more bougainvillea at the back of our house.



I do love these flowery bushes, even though they have thorns. I like your palms and other tropicals too, Charlotte.
ReplyDeleteWOW...so beautiful. Thank you so very much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
andrea
Simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWe have one of those ocotillo cactus plants too. I didn't know the name of it though so thank you. I love the pretty buds on the ends that are so colorful.
Hugs to you Charlotte,
Debbie
Oh so very beautiful and so very much work. I will go outside and take a picture of my dirt. No work at all :-)
ReplyDeleteHow do you pronounce that plant? It so fascinates me. I have never seen it before until you put it on your blog last year. It is a trophy plant.
ReplyDeleteI love bougainvillas. I have one...my husband hates them...but now that we have someone trimming our bushes...I may sneak some more in!!
ReplyDeletebou·gain·vil·le·a [boo-guhn-vil-yuh; -vil-ee-uh; boh-]
ReplyDeleteThis is what I found when I looked it up online. I've been misspelling it.
Charlotte
All of your flowers look so pretty! I love the water sound that you have playing. I came home for lunch today and sat out back and listen to the birds and the water, needles to say I didn't want to go back to work:(.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful evening,
Ginger
ABSOLUTELY gorgeous Charlotte! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite flower/plant EVER!!! Just Gorgeous Charlotte! You take the best pictures ever!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you sooo much for sharing with us!
HI Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI love the bouganvilla and I call it Nature's confetti!!!!
That purple plant in your neighbors yard is lovely!!!I wonder what it is????
I only have the drk pink ones, no light pink.
It is going to cool off here this week, yeah!!!!
Have a blessed week
hugs,
jamie
Hello Charlotte, your bouganvilla bushes are stunning. All the different colors are so pretty. You live in a beautiful place. The sub tropic flora and fauna is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Janne
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI don't know which flower or bush I like best - I like them all but, of course, I am partial to lavendar! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!
Hugs,
Jean
oooooh, how stunning!!! your yard is just gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all your desert beauty, thanks for sharing those photos! Your bougainvillea is simply stunning! Such a large shrub! We're lucky to keep a potted plant alive here! (Hubby tried; it was pretty last year, but it nearly died. It's growing tiny little leaves now, though, so we still have hope.)
ReplyDeleteYour garden is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteActually, I have been to Arizona...
My friend moved back to Glendale to care for her Dad for a year and we went to visit her there. Arizona and the colours remind me of Central Australia..so beautiful!
Hugs.
I love bougainvillea but have never had any luck growing it here in Florida. Yours is incredibly beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
Its so very beautiful and so very much work.
ReplyDeleteindian classified site
bougainvillea is one of my favourite flowers.. i had surrounded my home with it.. it provide flower all year long..
ReplyDelete