Friday, April 30, 2010
Eat the Cookie ... Buy the Shoes
See the pair of shoes on the left? Those little brown patent leather shoes were our daughter's all time favorites. She saw them in a department store, and wanted them. They were rather expensive so we decided not to buy them. When we got in the car to start home, she started crying. She really really wanted those little brown shoes. She was never one to "throw a fit" to get what she wanted, and we knew how important those shoes were to her, so we went back in the store and bought them. We have been so glad ever since that we did. She has never forgotten it and every so often she will bring up the subject of how much she loved those shoes. You may or may not be curious about the other three pair of shoes. The ones next to her belonged to her brother and the other two were cousins.
So why in the world am I writing about these shoes? It reminds me of another "shoe" story. Our daughter was in a shoe store in Scottsdale a few years ago trying on shoes and said she heard a gravely sounding voice over in the next aisle. She thought to herself, "That voice sounds familiar." The voice said she was looking for a pair of brown shoes. Out of curiosity, Carol went over where she was, and the voice belonged to Joyce Meyer. Yes, "the" Joyce Meyer. This leads me into talking about the title of this post. Joyce Meyer has written a book by this title. As many of you know, my husband reviews books on his blog. I have also reviewed a few but do not do it all the time like he does. When he saw the publisher was offering this book for review, he asked me if I would like to review it. Since I love cookies and I am definitely a shoe person, I decided sure - why not?
The book arrived a couple of days ago, and I have just started reading it. When I finish it, I will be doing a review of the book and giving away five copies. So, be looking for that review, and if you would like to receive one of those free books, you can let me know then. Now I think I will go read a few pages.
Labels:
Books,
Shoes/Clothing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great connection and opportunity. I love Joyce Meyer's books. Keep me in mind if you have an extra one!
Charlotte ~ What a sweet story!
ReplyDeleteJoyce definitely has a voice that is unique :) I won a copy from Kat and look forward to reading it! I look forward to your review!
Happy Friday
What a great story. Looking forward to your review. Have a great weekend. Angel
ReplyDeleteallthemus.blogspot.com
What a remarkable story and loveeeeeeeeeeeee that your daughter still remembers her shoes! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
ReplyDeleteI have read a few of Joyce's books and when this one came out, I thought it to be a strange title. I will be interested to hear what you have to say about it because it did not peaque my interest when I heard it. Maybe your comments will spark an interest.
ReplyDeleteLove your story. The book sounds like a good one. I'll be anxious to see what you think.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeletewhat a great pic of those darling brown shoes on your little darlings feet!!!What a memory!!For you and then for her!!!!
I have only read 1 of her books I think, so after you review it --I may just go out and get that one!!!!
I loved her book on forgiveness, it that ever the truth!!!
Hugs,
jamie
Hi Charlotte, I so enjoyed the shoe story, and I think most of us could really identify Mrs. Myers voice. Looking forward to your review. Enjoy you day.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sue
What a sweet story. It brought back some sweet memories of my own. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteCool story. I like Joyce Meyer and I used to listen to her frequently. I have read a few of her books, but I find her writing skills are not as good as her speaking skills.
ReplyDeleteOh how funny to hear Joyce in a shoe store. I would recognize her voice too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy the book!
I look forward to your review!
ReplyDeleteindian classified site