I love the way these scriptures are used in Nancy Guthrie's book "Hearing Jesus Speak into Your Sorrow". This is adapted from passages in Hebrews, Romans, Luke, John, 1 Peter, and Philippians.

"JUST AS I PRAYED for you when I was on earth, I am interceding for you before the throne of God, now and forever. In your utter weakness and deepest despair, when you don't have the words or the will to ask for what you need, my Holy Spirit is praying for you with the kind of passionate groaning for which there are no words.
You can be confident that God will say yes to what the Spirit prays for you, because he always pleads for God to accomplish his perfect will in your life. He is at work in you and on your behalf, tearing down the walls of your resistance to God's will.
The answer to the Spirit's prayers may not be what you would ask for on your own, but don't you want your Father's will to be done in your life more than you want to get what you want? Remember that he will cause everything in your life to work together for your ultimate good.
I hear your prayers, asking for your path to be smooth and asking the Father to bless your plans with success. But I have to tell you, that is not how I am praying for you. I love you too much for that. I am praying that when your plans go awry and your efforts fail, your faith will not. I am asking the Father to give you the good gift you have asked him for--more of my Holy Spirit at work in the interior of your life and character.
I am praying that you will walk in the truth and complete the work that has been entrusted to you--not so you can revel in the glory, but so you can experience the joy of giving the glory back to me. I am praying that the truth of my Word will teach you and refine you, even though that refining may be painful, because I know your greatest happiness will come as you become holy as I am holy.
The day is coming when you will see and share in the glory I have shared with my Father since before Creation I'm praying that God will purify you and protect you until that coming day."
I hope you will go to our Spiritual Sundays blog to share with us or to find links to other blogs who do share there. Have a wonderful weekend.
I hear your prayers, asking for your path to be smooth and asking the Father to bless your plans with success. But I have to tell you, that is not how I am praying for you. I love you too much for that. I am praying that when your plans go awry and your efforts fail, your faith will not. I am asking the Father to give you the good gift you have asked him for--more of my Holy Spirit at work in the interior of your life and character.
ReplyDeleteThis really spoke to me and goes along with what I posted I think. Thanks!
I'm so grateful that the Spirit intercedes when we don't even know what to say sometimes.
ReplyDeleteMay we learn to walk in His likeness. God bless and Happy SS!
Charlotte, this is a wonderful prayer, the kind of prayer that brings peace and contentment, rather than anxiety and expectation. You said it as Jesus said it. The beautiful Holy Spirit of God, our Counselor, our Intercessor, how wonderful He is!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Sunday in Scottsdale. I used to live next door in Phoenix, and loved shopping over there.
Mary
Such a good lesson here on praying. So often I want my problems to go away and yet in the midst of my difficulties, He is close to me. And His timing and ways are best. I learn most of my lessons in difficulties it seems.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're doing well, Charlotte. I'm so glad we've connected online and in person.
Love,
Debbie
Wow, amazingly beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI read down to the end and felt such comfort and peace.
Thank you for sharig this tofay, I needed it.
Hugz Lorie
So often we ask God to bless our plans, instead of getting ourselves on His plan which is already blessed.:) It is so comforting to know that He ever lives to make intercession for me. His prayers are always right and good. Thanks for a great post, Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way Lorie does. It gives me sush peace. What a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ginger
Charlotte, Such beautiful passages that your post was drawn from today. I am always encouraged and uplifted when I read in the gospel of John that Jesus prayed for me. I remember reading that for the first time when I was a young teenager....it absolutely thrilled me then and it continues to do so today. Thank you for a lovely post. :)
ReplyDeleteElaine
I am so encouraged as I read this and believe that God is leading me in my prayers according to His will by HIs spirit. This is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this, I especially liked the chapter regarding respecting Gods will be done. It is hard to be patient sometimes.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you
Anne
Such a lovely prayer sweetie.
ReplyDeleteJesus prayed for ME... awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Charlotte. We walk safely here, because we know that the Holy Spirit Intercedes for us. I am going to send this to a friend who needs prayer right now.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Karen
WOW. That is great! Thank you. I think I was interceded this morning!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteI cam back to thank you and Ginger for creating such a venue to share our faith. One by one I visited the links that boldly profess their faith today. Each post taught in such a concise fashion, each post led me to comfort and the peace of God that only the Holy Spirit can provide. I attend a beautiful church and the praise music is wonderful and the sermon is always beautiful. Yet, as I visited each post, one by one I was touched on a much more personal level. Showers of blessings are in Spiritual Sunday.
For this I am thankful.
Blessings, Karen
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI am so humbled to know that Jesus is praying for me and that the Holy Spirit is working in me. Thank you for a beautiful post.
~Jean
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post bringing with it peace and comfort. It is truly a joy to know that our Lord Jesus is interceding for each one of us, even now! Thank you for sharing and enjoy your Sunday.
Blessings,
Sandi
Charlotte, this prayer is a lovely uplifting experience. It teaches us and gives us peace that the Holy
ReplyDeleteSpirit is working in us.
blessings...Jeanne
Hello, Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteHow comforting to know that God's spirit intercedes for us even when we don't know what to pray for. Thank you for sharing these beautiful scriptures. Have a wonderful week. Vicki
That your faith will not fail! I am glad Jesus ever lives to intercede for us!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!!
Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page? We would also be very
honored if any of your readers would join us
in praying.
May the Lord bless you and your family!!
Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org
ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
What a beautiful post. I am visiting from my sister's blog (Karen @ Lily Valley). Nice to "meet" you.
ReplyDelete