Wednesday, February 4, 2009

YELLOW ROSES

Jan at Rose Haven is hosting Rose Wednesday over at her blog. Be sure to go visit her. She's into roses too. Thanks Jan for hosting this lovely meme.

We had a lot of roses (30 bushes) when we lived in Stockton, CA. These pictures were taken in the 70s. Pink roses are my favorite, but I like all - well almost all - colors. We had a lot of lavender ones in the front yard but unfortunately I don't have many good pictures of them. In fact, these pictures here today are not very good pictures.  The camera we had in those days was pretty puny. 

I enjoyed bringing some of the roses in the house. In this picture I used the yellow roses to decorate the tables for my parents' 50th anniversary celebration at our house. 

Here are some of the roses that were in our front yard. Not a very good picture. They were much prettier than they look here.


7 comments:

  1. What LOVELY roses!!! I love the PINK ones best!!!

    Thanks for posting along with us today!

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that YOU in teh first pic? *picking my chin up off the floor* Not much but your hair has changed in 30 years if it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Happy Rose Wednesday. Beautiful roses, I wish I could grown them like that!
    Bless You, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovley roses! And, how nice to have your parents' 50th at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Charlotte. I've never had much luck growing roses, except the knockout roses I have in my yard now. I love them.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a tall yellow rose bush! Beautiful!

    I just read that lavender roses mean "Love at first sight!"

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow roses are one of my very favorities!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte