Today for Spiritual Sundays I would like to share a poem with you from an old old book that we have had forever. It's called Poems that Touch the Heart. This one is called Thank You, God.Thank You, God
Life can hold such lovely things!
Apple-blossom-scented springs;
Purple mist of haze and heather;
Books to read in stormy weather.
Common as a cooky jar,
Things I hold the dearest are:
A small white house, a small brown dog;
Sunlight breaking through a fog!
And as sweet as summer rain,
Understanding after pain.
Life holds all these lovely things.
Thank you, God, for all it brings.
Nina Stiles
To the things listed in this poem, I want to add my thanks for my blogging friends.
Thank you, God, for each friend I have made in the blogging world.
Charlotte
Be sure to visit Spiritual Sundays for links to more spiritual/inspirational posts. That blog was created for people like you would would like to share your thoughts with others. You are invited and encouraged to participate each week.
Thanks for sharing this lovely poem. I too give thanks for blogging friends and those who would share on the Lord's Day. Blessings, peace, joy and love
ReplyDeleteCharlotte... thanks for sharing this beautiful poem with us...
ReplyDeleteCan I tell you...? I love that you chose THAT sentence to be the first sentence of your "About Me" blog bio. It says so very much about you. Bless you sweet lady.
Dixie
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem, and to that I am thankful for you my dear blogging friend!!! Have a great Spiritual Sunday!!!
Blessings,
Sue
What a sweet prayer! Thank you for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteKatherine
Lovely, lovely poem. Thanks,Charlotte. I,also, am very grateful for all the wonderful people I have 'met' in bloggerland!
ReplyDelete~Jean
What a beatiful poem. I feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful women as well. And most of all I feel so blessed to have gotten to know you like a friend rather than my husbands aunt.
ReplyDeleteThank-you Charlotte,
Ginger
That makes me think of Julie Andrews singing, "Raindrops on roses ... " Thank your for sharing it. Happy Spiritual Sunday.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read this poem, I thought of Jennifer Rothschild's song, "How Could I Ask For More?". I'm feeling so peaceful listening to your music.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem! My heart is so full and I haven't even left for church yet..:)..Have a wonderful, restful, Sunday!!!Blessings, Julie
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely poem Charlotte! It's sometimes the simple things that make us happy and thankful.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Kat
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely poem you have shared. I love poetry! I too am thankful for all the friends I have made in Blogland. You are all such a source of encouragement to me. Thank you.
Blessings,
Sandi
I am new here! What a great blog :)
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteJust want to tell you we are going out-of-town and I won't be able to participate in SS this coming week.
Katherine
What a sweet poem. It evokes such precious memories. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Lana