Monday, February 16, 2009

SOMETHING TO PONDER

I liked what this e-mail from a long time friend said so I'm passing it on to you. Looks to me like this is exactly where we are headed - and fast.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.  What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
 
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.  You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
 
~~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005 ~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Now that puts it into perspective, doesn't it! Very scary times we live in...I do remember, though, that God is still in charge and I am extremely grateful for it!


    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just post this somewhere so the WHOLE NATION CAN SEE IT??
    I can't help but wonder what the people who think that the government should take care of them are drinking!!
    Who do they think the government is?
    So, if you keeping robbing the "rich" to give to the "poor", what happens when there are no more "rich" people?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte