Sometimes it's nice to have more than one blog. I just posted a "What's On Your Wall Wednesday" post on my Charlotte's Weblog blog. I could have let it go at that, but no, I had these outdoor pictures that I took a couple of days ago and I wanted to share them. My camera just happened to be in the kitchen when I looked out the window and saw these three quail walking along our fence. So, I grabbed the camera and took the pictures through the window. I'm glad I could zoom in on them. If I had tried to go outside they would have taken off before I could snap their pictures. I think they are so cute. We see them quite often.


Yesterday I posted some birds that I found on the internet that live in our area. Today I wanted to show these birds that actually were in our yard.

Sweet! I love your Quail on your wall. I've got Quail this week too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Outdoor Wednesday to you!
Happy Outdoor Wednesday Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures of the quail!
Thanks for sharing your photos.
Susan
you are right they are indeed quite cute. I love seeing birds in my garden I feel as though I've been accepted lol Judith
ReplyDeleteaww I think they're beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI see that someone else keeps her camera near by.LOL
What a beautiful bird!!!! and to think right outside your window!!!! God is so awesome!!!
Blessings,
Sue
Wow, Charlotte! Look at his little headpiece! So cool!
ReplyDeleteHappy OWA!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hi Charlotte, my husband used to work for The Phoenician when we lived in Mesa, AZ for 3.5 years. We've since moved to north Texas but it still makes me smile to hear of AZ people.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, especially of the bird on the ledge.
Carolyn
Hello Charlotte, these are great shots of your quail. I love their funny walk and the little bobbly feather atop the head. My favorite sight is their family parades, with dad, mom and the line of chicks walking all in a row.
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Lana
Oh your quail are so cute. The california state bird! Ellen b had some quail on her OW today too.
ReplyDeleteYours looks like it is doing gymnastics.
Kathy b
It looks so nice and warm there in your backyard! Glad you had your camera handy - love the picture!
ReplyDelete~Jean
Love the quail in your yard! Reminds me of my grandmother's farm.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteAren't they fun to watch. Ours go after each other if one thinks they are getting more food than the other one. I love their little hats and the way they run so fast instead of flying away! It is as if that takes too much energy.
We have a family of about 18 to 20 living in our yard. They provide great entertainment!
I enjoyed your pictures of seeing yours on the fence parade!
Beth:)
Great shots! I love seeing birds in my yard. These are so cute, the one looks like he's marching! Kathy
ReplyDeleteCharlotte,
ReplyDeleteGreat that you had that camera handy, birds are just comical sometimes! This little quail is adorable. Just strutting along!
Great OW post. Loved it! :-)
xoxo
Janie
Those are nice. I almost never have my camera when there's a great photo op.
ReplyDeleteThere were alot of these quail on the golf course at my in-laws. We loved watching them.
ReplyDelete