Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BIRDS IN OUR AREA

Is this turning into a "bird blog"? No, I don't think so, but I found some pictures of birds on the internet that are found in our area. We have lots of Hummingbirds too but I didn't get a picture. I have posted pictures of Hummingbirds before though.

You wouldn't think there would be Mallard ducks in the desert, but they do drop by here. I've seen many of them in man made lakes and even after a rain floods a particularly low area.

These quail are some of my favorite birds. They are so cute walking along in single file usually. They don't fly much. Mostly they walk. 

This is a Cactus Wren - state bird of Arizona.

I love these little Roadrunners too. We see them occasionally running along. They don't fly much either. It always makes me think of Wylie Coyote and the Roadrunner.




2 comments:

  1. Aren't you forgetting the bird with an In 'N Out french fry in it's mouth?! ;)
    The road runner was my FIL's favorite bird. Believe it or not I actually saw one up here one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing roadrunners when we're out west. They fascinate me.
    Great photos!

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte