Saturday, January 3, 2009

'ROUND AND 'ROUND IN CIRCLES


My daughter suggested to me yesterday that I didn't need so many blogs. I know she is right. Just look at me now, I'm in a quandary. Which blog should I post on? I started the Charlotte's Weblog blog because I wanted a blog with three columns. I couldn't figure out how to do that with Blogger so I started the WordPress blog. Guess what, I finally figured out how to make my Blogger blog into a three column blog. I still like the WordPress blog better, but since I just redid this one, I decided I wanted to post my Spiritual Sundays here this time. 

"So what in the world does that have with skates?" you ask. This came to my mind while I was trying to decide what to post today for Spiritual Sundays

First a little background on skates. I found this picture online that looks somewhat like the skates my parents bought for me when I was about 15 years old. (the white ones) I think mine were prettier, but where can you find a picture of skates from almost 60 years ago? The year was 1953 or maybe 52. We went out to a roller skating rink called Lost Bridge almost every night and went 'round and 'round to the sounds of Hank Williams, and other country singers. 

Sometimes I feel like my spiritual life is just going 'round and 'round and not really getting anywhere although the going around is pleasant enough. I'm hoping and praying that God will give me new insight in this new year that will bring me closer to him. I'm praying not only that he will do this for me but that he will also do it for you.  I am also praying that the Spiritual Sundays blog will be even more helpful to others in this new year. 

I hope you will go visit the Spiritual Sundays blog and share your spiritual hopes and dreams with us. You can click right HERE to go there.

14 comments:

  1. How you captured a beautiful spiritual thought with the roller skates! Truly may we all move forward this year in our spiritual walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going round and round with you on that skating rink those many years ago and I look forward to moving closer to God and to you in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! And a beautiful blog~~ I can sure use those prayers thank-you so much for praying for all of us.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the thoughts and for sharing with them us. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spiritual Sundays bless my heart! Thank YOU
    May we all get on our spiritual skates and go where the Holy Spirit guides us. 2009 is going to be a thrilling and blessed year, I am expecting it and trusting because those that belong to HIM have His promises to stand upon. He has great plans for His children. Jer. 29:11
    Blessings to you and yours in 2009-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Char, go to The Cutest Blog On The Block:

    http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

    They have darling three column free blog backgrounds!

    I do love your blog title Charlotte's Weblog...really cute.

    Good luck and happy weekend!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is an old song we use to sing, "Where He leads I will follow". So important that we let Him lead us. May we all be leadable during 2009.
    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Admirable desires for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, sweetpea! Of course, I love meeting new bloggers. I have such memories of roller skating also. I don't know where my old skates are, probably thrown out at this point but I love twirling and being sassy in those little short skirts!! LOL Visit again, honey.....always something different to read......
    Smooches,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I "danced" my first dance on roller skates ! lol ah memories!

    Blessings this Sun. to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Charlotte,

    Thank you for that post. I need all the prayers I can get when it comes to my spiritual life.

    Happy New Year to you and your's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Charlotte

    I can't imagine trying to maintain two blogs. And some people do even more. It amazes me. It's hard enough to do my one and have time to visit with so many other bloggers. I'm always always behind. Sigh!

    I too feel sometimes like my spirtual life is just going around and around, but I know God is patient and He's always there when I stop and focus. What a comfort to know He loves us.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely analogy, Charlotte. Thank you for the prayers for the new year.
    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never could skate -- ice skate, roller skate, etc. Maybe this way, yes.
    I've also not figured out how to do three columns or a lot of other things, but I have fun with what I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte