Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ROSES IN CALABASAS

Today is Rose Wednesday at Rose Haven. Go visit Jan for more rosy posts.

Pepperdine University in Malibu has a Bible Lectureship in the spring every year. We have attended it more times than I can count. We used to stay on the campus in the dorms during the lectureship. The last several times we went we stayed in Calabasas at the Country Inn & Suites. I took these pictures the last time we were there, a couple of years ago. They have lots of beautiful roses in Calabasas, California.

No roses in this picture but I think it is cute and it's taken in the same area.
No roses in the picture below either. It's just me enjoying that beautiful spring day in southern California.



11 comments:

  1. What a pleasant looking place. I love the seas of Roses!!! Every place you look...there are ROSES!!! Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know that if I were to visit this place, I'd probably get into trouble. That is because I'd have to step off the sidewalks into the gardens to SMELL those beauties!!

    Now where is my scratch n sniff monitor?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful gardens...thanks for sharing them w/ us! Happy Rose Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to find your lovely spot! (Thank you Jan.) The Southern California roses have some special flair of color, don't they? I graduated from UCLA and enjoyed four years of fabulous roses! When I married and moved back up north I set out to enjoy my own rose gardens (though I'm partial to a softer palette of pinks, white, and only th esoftest of yellows). : D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old fashioned roses because they carry such a heavy scent with them - some of the newer roses are beautiful to look at but do not smell!! Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Even here is the south we are getting freezing temperatures, so a nice sunny picture really warms you. Happy Rose Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I think Heaven will be like that - roses everywhere, and the fragrance as well!!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing pictures of that bright California sunshine reminds me of the trips I took to San Diego when my daughter was living there 6 years ago and how delightful it was! Thanks for the beautiful rose pictures!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful roses. My birth flower.
    I especially love the yellow ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! And you look so pretty.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are gorgeous. My favorites are the coral-colored roses, followed by the yellow ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte