Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ROSE WEDNESDAY

I just found out that Rose Wednesday is going on over at Jan & Tom's Rose Haven. Click on the rose to go there. 

I'm liking Wednesdays better every day. I just posted an Outdoors Wednesday post on my other blog. Here's the link to that post. Outdoor Wednesday

Since I have pink roses in my header picture I guess that qualifies to be included in this post. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that little rose plant that I bought at Trader Joe's last summer. As I've stated before, it is long gone now. I let it get too dried out and you just can't do that to those tender little roses. I'm glad I took pictures that I am still using today. 


Here is one of our rose bushes at the last place we lived (California). We had thirty rose bushes in our yard there. 

I've shown this pillow that I made before but thought the pink roses on it would be good to include in this post as well. Pink roses are my favorites of course. 

9 comments:

  1. Now that looks like one very happy rose bush! The colors are so vibrant. I can just imagine how bright it was in real life.
    We don't have any rose bushes here at home, but this year we plan on putting in 3-5 on the property line as that is the best area for sun :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had luck with roses here in Florida, but I used to have some beautiful ones in Georgia.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hit "publish" too quickly. I do have some knock-out roses that do quite well here. Love them! I just haven't had luck with any other kind.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been tagged today [on my Thursday blog entry]

    GORGEOUS Rose bush!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte...

    Since Mr. Linky kept disappearing on my ROSE WEDNESDAY post...I didn't know until just now that you had participated! Thanks for joining in today...hope to see you back next week!

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Found you through Jan and Tom's Rose Wednesday. Love the pillow. I too am a stitcher and love roses. I'll be back to visit more. Happy Rose Wednesday ... on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having a give-away...

    stop by and take a peek...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rose is header is so pretty, and your rose pillow. I don't have much luck with min. roses in the house but I think they look so pretty. Sometimes I will buy one for inside and just injoy as long as I can. Same with ivy I can not grow it in the house. Do you have any ideas to grow ivy in the housez/
    Have a great day,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI again ...LOL I just kept reading more! :)
    Hope you dont mind.. :)
    Such lovely bits of "rose" !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte