I go again to one of the many little books of poetry by Helen Steiner Rice. This one was especially meaningful as I read it today so I'm sharing it with you. It's called Prayers Can't Be Answered Unless They Are Prayed. Of course God knows what we need and want before we ask him, but He wants us to ask. We know what our children need and want but many times we wait for them to ask. I guess maybe God looks at it the same way. Here's the poem:
Life without purpose is barren indeed―
There can't be a harvest unless you plant seed,
There can't be attainment unless there's a goal,
And man's but a robot unless there's a soul . . .
If we send no ships out, no ships will come in,
And unless there's a contest, nobody can win. . .
For games can't be won unless they are played,
And prayers can't be answered unless they are prayed . . .
So whatever is wrong with your life today,
You'll find a solution if you kneel down and pray
Not just for pleasure, enjoyment, and health,
Not just for honors and prestige and wealth . . .
But Pray for a Purpose to make life worth living.
And Pray for the Joy of unselfish giving,
For great is your gladness and Rich your Reward
When you make your Life's Purpose the choice of the Lord.
People are very busy this time of year. I hope you will take some time out of your busy schedule to visit Spiritual Sundays and visit some of the links there. You will be blessed.

Beautiful share, Charlotte. Thank you for this sweet reminder!
ReplyDeleteIt's easy to get too busy this time of the year. I've been intentional about taking time for the One who made this season possible. I never want to leave Him out of His birthday celebration.
ReplyDeleteFor sure ACTION is needed! Merry Christmas and may your new year be blessed with good health, enough wealth and good company!
ReplyDeleteMy Momma taught me to love Helen Steiner Rice. Until shortly before she died, she placed poems by her in every piece of mail she sent out.
ReplyDelete