Saturday, September 22, 2012

So Many Reasons to Love the Lord

Helen Steiner Rice has so many great poems and I have so many books containing her poetry that very often I like to share one of them on my blog. This one really spoke to my heart today so it is the one I'm sharing. It's called "So Many Reasons to Love the Lord." I hope it speaks to your heart as it does to mine.
Thank You, God, for little things
that come unexpectedly
To brighten up a dreary day
that dawned so dismally―
Thank You, God, for sending
a happy thought my way
to blot out my depression
on a disappointing day―
Thank You, God, for brushing
the dark clouds from my mind
And leaving only sunshine
and joy of heart behind.
Oh, God, the list is endless
of things to thank You for
But I take them all for granted 
and unconsciously ignore
that everything I think or do,
each movement that I make,
each measured rhythmic heartbeat
each breath of life I take
Is something you have given me
for which there is no way
for me in all my smallness
to in any way repay.
           - Helen Steiner Rice

I'm sharing on Spiritual Sundays. I hope you will want to do that too.

12 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful and touching:)
    My entry is : sounds easy?
    Willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Charlotte. I love HSR and enjoyed your posting today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give a Praise Report...John had successful surgery for removal of a tumor 3 weeks ago. I thank each of you who have prayed for him over the years.

    May I add a prayer request for Carl H. who has Parkinson's that he would be agreeable to accept help from family and physicians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte,
    Reminds me of the song 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman.
    Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this today and the reminder of all the daily blessings we have.

    Have a great week!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy the brilliant color here. And yes, so many reasons. I wounder if we could count them in our lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed her poem. Thank you for hosting Spiritaul Sundays. I have been away lately writing a fictional book with many chapters. I have another one ready to begin posting as soon as this one ends. My wife Hazel likes the stories, but then she is partial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was beautiful Charlotte! I want you to know that I think of you every day. I pass by the turn off to your home as I drive to work. Maybe we can get together again some time soon.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Charlotte, thanks for the visit. You bet every mili-second is worth thanking to our God. ^_^ It is great a knowing that we have a God is loving and merciful! ^_^

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlette - Love the name of your blog. Too cute. Yes, looking forward to spending more time with Spiritual Sundays, must get back over there and visit and leave comments. Thanks for sharing at Morning Dewdrops. Blessings Terri
    http://morningdewdrops.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MorningDewdrop1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another jewel! Thank you, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing that lovely poem, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte