GOD'S JEWELS
We watch the rich and famous
Bedecked in precious jewels,
Enjoying earthly pleasures,
Defying moral rules—
And in our mood of discontent
We sink into despair
And long for earthly riches
And feel cheated of our share—
But stop these idle musings,
God has stored up for you
Treasures that are far beyond
Earth's jewels and riches, too—
But never, never discount
What God has promised man
If he will walk in meekness
And accept God's flawless plan—
For if we heed His teachings
As we journey through the years,
We'll find the richest jewels of all
Are crystalized from tears.
- Helen Steiner RiceI think one of the reasons this reminded me of my mother is because she never had very many earthly possessions but she had great faith and lots of love to share. The older I get the more I realize how short this life is and the importance of storing up treasures above as the Bible says to do. My mother had a lot of treasure stored up above and I believe she is enjoying it now. But I also believe the greatest treasure she has is being with her Lord.
I hope you will visit the Spiritual Sundays blog. You will find many many links to wonderful inspiring posts. Just click HERE to go there.


Helen Steiner Rice did write such lovely poetry. You have chosen a special one for today. Children too are jewels and many a mother has wept many tears over her children. My mother wept almost every time she prayed. today God has wiped away all her tears and they have indeed become jewels.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Charlotte, thank you ~ Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteNice poem and I think there's nothing stronger than love....Wishing you a very happy mother's day.
ReplyDeleteOh, that was sweet to read...Wonderful, tribute.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a Happy Mother's Day & God's Blessings!
Hi Charlotte, What a lovely tribute to your mother. I have several books, all gifted to me, on Helen Steiner Rice. Happy Mother's Day. My mother passed away in 2009. Blessings.
ReplyDeleteJewels are truly everywhere and Moms are the best!
ReplyDeleteI would love to meet your mother in Heaven. I'm sure she was a jewel, just like her daughter.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I'd never seen this one of HSR's works ... the last line took my breath away!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day!
Your mother sounds like a lovely woman!
ReplyDeleteAnd so is her daughter! Hope you're having a wonderful Mom's Day!
GOD BLESS!
Oh, yes, dear Charlotte, this is the life of a true Christian - simple, humble, grateful. A beautiful reminder for us to live lives that have impact on eternity. My daughter and I have also been studying and discussing how to lay up treasures in heaven.
ReplyDeleteI trust you had a wonderful Mother's Day celebration.
Rina
Love this poem... it has been one of my favourites for years. I love what you shared re: your mum - very precious!
ReplyDeleteI'm getting older too (o;
ReplyDeleteand I often think about the treasures in heaven to come. I enjoyed your post about your mom...my mom is 85...so glad we will all be together someday...God is faithful to all generations.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem you discovered!
ReplyDeleteCrystalized tears turned into jewels - I like that thought!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. I believe my Dad is with his Treasure in heaven too! ;o)
ReplyDeletenice ppost thanks for sharing..looking for to visit more...blessings...
ReplyDeleteI like this poem, Charlotte. I know it is the selflessness I remember about my Mother.
ReplyDeleteHello Charlotte, Great poem. Your patriotic header is wonderful. I'm one of your new followers. Joyous Wishes, Linda
ReplyDelete