Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving



I found the following poem/prayer online and wanted to share it with you.

A Thanksgiving Day Prayer


Lord, so often times, as any other day

When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make fast the blessing 
Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing

We're slaves to the olfactory overload
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited

Amen!
--Scott Wesemann
I especially like the last part of the prayer. I want to make it my prayer as well. 

Thank you for letting me share with you. Please visit Spiritual Sundays where many inspirational posts are shared each week. Click HERE to go to that blog.



25 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I loved your poem. So much to be thankful for and am glad God is what tops my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the prayer. So often we manage to get caught up in the day to day stuff and forget to count our blessings, and give Him thanks for providing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this poem and for hosting Spiritual Sundays! May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, I definitely loved the poem/prayer! I was so touched by it and will always remember the gentle reminders.

    I do my best to celebrate "thanksgiving" in every day, thanking God for the big and small. To live in daily thanksgiving is to live in daily joy!

    Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Beautiful Prayer Charlotte! I have to agree with you on the last part....You, and so many from Spiritual Sundays have blessed my life in so many ways. I am so thankful for each and every one of you and to the Lord for moving and working in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For His unending grace, may I be truly be thankful. Happy Thanksgiving, Charlotte, thank you for providing a place to share God's word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem! Well written and so true. I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful sweet friend.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice poem and wish you a wonderful thanksgiving. There's so much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlotte, You always find the nicest poems and prayers to share! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great poem...Thanks and have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this as well. I am so busy the day of Thanksgiving so I need to begin now giving Thanks.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
    Gayle from Behind the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Charlotte!

    So grateful for you and your wonderful Spiritual Sunday blog event.

    Thank-you for your dedication and have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely poem, Charlotte. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poem is so perfect for this season - to look beyond the smells, the tastes, the abundance - and be thankful for God's blessings! Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a whole day to give thanks and then hurry the prayer. Interesting thought. Maybe we should start thanking early. I'm thankful He abides in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Charlotte, What a beautiful thoughtful prayer, full of love and His grace. Much love sent to you for your Thanks Giving, and I am sure, many give thanks to God for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely poem - sweet Christian words of encouragement and inspiration for all of us in this week before Thanksgiving. Have a blessed week and a joy-full holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're right, there aren't a lot of us around with our name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a lovely prayer, Charlotte. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was just beautiful, Charlotte!

    I loved this part:

    "Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
    Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

    That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
    And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace."

    Oh, the greatest gift of all - that undeserved, unmerited, yet freely given gift of Grace! Yes, a blessing beyond all measure.

    Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, dear Charlotte! Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post! Thanks for sharing... blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte