Friday, December 10, 2010

THE STORY

This week for Spiritual Sundays I'm sharing another page from the wonderful little book entitled Everything Christmas. The Story was written by Rebecca Currington.

You know the story ⎼⎼ an infant, born in a stable, worshiped by lowly shepherds and travelers from the East. Sweet story, but does it hold any meaning for your life today?
Consider this. The entire Bible pivots on this single event in history. The Old Testament predicts it, and the New Testament confirms it. The child lying in that tiny manger was no ordinary child ⎼⎼ He was God incarnate, who came to live and die for you. The story won't be fully told until you bow your knee to Bethlehem's Babe and call Him the Lord of your life.
What Can I Give Him?
                              by Christina Rossetti 
 What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, 
I would bring a lamb.
If I were a wise man,
I would do my part
Yet what can I give him?
I give Him my heart.

And a quote by Erma Bombeck: There's nothing sadder in this world than to wake
Christmas morning and not be a child.

❅ ❆ ❇ ❈ ❉ ❅ ❄

You will find lots of inspiring posts by clicking the links on Spiritual Sundays. You may even want to share a post on your blog with us there. Click HERE to go there where you will find instructions on how to participate.


31 comments:

  1. So absolutely true - everything!! Isn't it just the greatest story of them all!! And it's actual and the most real occurence int he world - ever!
    Christmas hugs back to you!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Hope you are enjoying this most wonderful precious time of the year!!

    Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first Christmas blogging, and I'm sure enjoying all the inspiration. Blessings Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that poem Charlotte...and it is so very gantle, just like you..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this. It is such a nice post this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post ~ Amen and Amen!

    Have a blessed weekend

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Charlotte--how beautiful!!! I love it. Merry Christmas, dear friend!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very true. Beautiful post!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I love it, and thank you Charlotte for the blessing of Spiritual Sundays.
    Hope you are enjoying the blessings of Jesus this Christmas season.
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, Your blog is absolutely lovely. The music, the thoughts you shared on your post, and the background are delightful. God bless you richly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do give Him my heart....and my life..☺ have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet way to remind us what is important on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is "the" story of all times. Thank you for the post. Love your music to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect post. I try so hard to give him my heart daily.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet post, Charlotte ~ Thank God we are His children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that poem. Thanks for sharing it!
    Charlotte/For Such A Time As This

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. A good reminder that we all need to bow to Him in this season and always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet surrender! Thank you for these vital words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will give Him my heart today too! Thanks for hosting Spiritual Sundays...wonderful posts to read there on a day when a blizzard has snowed us in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely. Thank you for hosting a special place where we can all share our love of Christ, it is especially wonderful during this season.

    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. He (God) loved us enough to send Him. He (Jesus) loved the Father enough to fulfill His mission. WE ARE THE LOVED ONES.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It seems like such a simple little story on the surface, but the truth of the whole story make it the greatest gift we have. All we have to do is believe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the "What Can I Give Him" poem. Always a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is the most important story in our world. the poem was very meaningful. thanks rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. At first this reminded me of "Little Drummer Boy" (my mother's favorite)....
    but whoa!, that last line is so powerful ... I love this, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Charotte, this is lovely. I also loved the Little Drummer Boy.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Charlotte, I have tried to visit today and our net has been down because of bad snowy weather. In the mountains where we live it happens often.
    Your post today is sweet. Irma's quote makes one think. We need to keep the Happy Christmas spirit in our hearts no matter how old we are. Smile.
    Blessings and warm hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is lovely, Charlotte. I used to put that sweet poem in our church bulletin. Very meaningful post especially for this time of year; thank you.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Praising God with you today, my new friend.
    Merry Christmas,
    Bren
    Have decided to follow along. Please stop by Grace soon and follow HIM with me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte