Today for my Spiritual Sundays post, I want to pay tribute to a wonderful family from my past, and who have become friends again on facebook after more than 40 years.
The lady in the picture is Valorie. She was a young girl when I knew her and her family when my husband was the minister of the South Hills Church of Christ in West Covina, CA. The handsome young man with her is her son, Adam. Valorie just changed her profile picture on facebook to this one.
I'm fighting back the tears as I write this post. Yesterday was the memorial service for Adam who was killed in a motorcycle accident a few days before. He was only 27 years old, and left behind a wife, young daughter and another baby who will be born next month. I can't even imagine the pain Valorie and her husband Kevin as well as the rest of the family, are going through right now. And, I'm asking you to join me in praying for this family in this trying time. What a reminder this is of the brevity of life.
I was wondering what God would want me to share today for Spiritual Sundays. In fact, I asked him about it before I got out of bed this morning. When I came to the computer and saw this video that Valorie had posted there in tribute to her son, I knew immediately this was what I should share. I think this video will be a comfort to many people who have recently lost a loved one. It is a good reminder too that no matter how old or how young we are, we need to be ready to answer the call when it is our turn to meet the Creator.
I hope you will visit our Spiritual Sundays blog for links to many different posts by different people who share there each week. If you are a blogger, you may want to join us by posting something on your own blog and linking it to Spiritual Sundays. Click HERE to go to that blog.


Charlotte this brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of their son. This video brought tears to my eyes as well. I can not even imagine. I will pray for this family.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Ginger
Oh Charlotte.....tears are keeping me from seeing the keys. My heart breaks for this family. I will be praying for all of them. I cannot imagine the pain his mother and his expectant wife must be experiencing. Thank you for sharing this today...they need everyones prayers for sure. Bless you Charlotte
ReplyDeleteLove you
this is really sad...I can't imagine losing a child....I think it must be the hardest thing. I will pray for Valorie, her family and Adam's family too. Hugs to you okay...
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Spiritual Sundays ~ What a moving, touching post and the video is a beautiful reminder of the gift of time with those we love. Praying for Valorie and the respective families as well.
ReplyDeletegrettajohns.blogspot.com
Praying for this precious family. God bless you, Charlotte. Thank you so much for sharing your Sunday with us.
ReplyDeletei DO pray that the Lord will comfort his mother's heart and
ReplyDeleteprovide for his wife and baby. such heartache.
Losing a child is every mother's nightmare. This mother lived that nightmare. I pray the she will find comfort at the feet of our Lord and will know God's love and peace in this terrible terrible time. God is faithful. Thanks for sharing and God bless, Dr. Bobbi
ReplyDeleteUnspeakable grief.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, I am so sorry. What a devastating loss. I will keep the family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sad. I, too, will keep the family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you.
You, and they, are in my prayers today! Thank you for sharing this so we can be praying! :)
ReplyDeleteLifting this family up in prayer Charlotte for all they are going through. One of our son's died at age 25 and there is a deep sadness in losing a child to death. Our hope lies in knowing heaven welcomes those we love and care about. God bless you for sharing this video...
ReplyDeleteI came for a visit from Spirtual Sundays.I will keep this young man and the family in my prayers.Yours in Christ,Mike.
ReplyDeleteOh Charlotte I don't think there could be worse grief to bear than that of burying your own child. My heart just aches for them. I will pray for sure. And the poor wife and children who will never know their daddy. How very sad. Thanks for sharing this...so we all might pray. Blessings, Debbie
ReplyDeleteThis is so unbelievably sad and nothing in life prepares us for this...I will pray for this family...I can't even imagine how his young wife must feel with her young child and a baby that isn't even born yet...and his mother must be beyond herself with grief...
ReplyDeleteI will pray for them and pray that the Lord will comfort them in this time of loss.
Love,
Cindy
this is so sad... so sorry for the lose of a precious young life.. i'm with you praying for the bereaved family.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ruth
Such a beautiful video. There are tears in my eyes. I will pray for that dear family. Thanks for sharing this powerful post.
ReplyDeleteSo sad for everyone concerned. Our prayers are with them. Thanks so much for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Sunday!
My heart goes out to this family Charlotte,and I will certainly be praying for them, thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sue
I am so sorry for the loss of this son, husband and father. May the Lord comfort them and show Himself strong on their behalf.
ReplyDeleteGod led you in the right direction, dear Charlotte. This family needs our prayers for comfort at a time like this!
ReplyDeletePraying,
Mary
Charlotte -
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the need for prayer for your dear friend and family.
I think that this world is so very hard to comprehend and live in. On one hand the world is telling us - we need this and that - we have to keep up with them and them - make sure that you do this and that - and oh you don't want to miss this ...
And on the other hand, we see the selfless sacrifice of thousands who give of themselves - serving and sharing all that they have so selfLESSly. I am an awe of the love of Christ that is shared generously - in this world of me me me.
This past week has been a very hard one - friends dying of cancer, other friends being diagnosed, a young couple losing their home and belongings in a fire, soldiers on the front lines, dying - and accidents taking the lives of those so young.
I get caught up in the two different hands too often. But, God IS my refuge and my strength - a very present help in trouble - how comforting those words ...
Thank you for your spiritual sunday blog. I am so enjoying the hoping from one site to the next - so much encouragement and thought provoking posts - that lead us to the King and praising and thanking Him.
I pray your week is blessed indeed!
Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to them. God bless Valorie and her family, Adam's family.
How very sad. May the bless the family with His comfort and peace.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
Dear Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your friend's loss. What a tragedy to lose a child.
Will pray for the family.
God bless you,
Janis
The death of a child just goes against what we see as the natural order. A death leaves such a vacancy in the lives of family and friends. But sometimes solace will come as we fully begin to understand that the loved one is happy, in complete peace, and has just gone before us.
ReplyDeleteThe missing is hard and at first it feels that you can not go on, but you do. I am so sorry for your friend's loss. The video was very moving.
this is so sad. my thoughts and prayers to all of you in this loss. God Bless rose
ReplyDeleteOh, that is so sad, Charlotte. Such a sweet song ~ Praying for that family ~
ReplyDelete