Monday, May 24, 2010

A NEW FAMILY OF QUAIL

Last year we had a family of quail living in our back yard. I did several posts with pictures at various stages of development of the babies. Well, this morning Hubby looked out in the back yard and exclaimed excitedly, "There are some baby quail in our backyard again." So I grabbed the camera and shot through the window. They move so fast. If I had tried to go outside they would have been gone before I could have opened the door. Here is the new little family. The Daddy quail is always around close by but didn't get him in any of the pictures I took this time.


Here are the babies up close.

You have to look closely to see the babies in this one.


They were already gone when I took this picture but decided to include it because I think the flowers are pretty. No, on second look I think I see them right along the edge of the green. That's right. I remember when I took it the mother had already gone behind the palm tree.


This one is just for the flowers. No birdies.

12 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I love those little baby quail. You got some great photos of them too. They are hard to catch as they move so quickly.

    We have a family of quail that goes through the backyard here too. Greg is always yelling to me to grab my camera but I don't seem to be as quick as you.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time we see quail around in the neighborhood we wonder if they are the ones that grew up in our back yard last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable pictures Charlotte. Those babies are the sweetest! Thank you so much for sharing part of your world with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family and beautiful garden!

    Blessings, andrea

    PS: I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photograph is just precious! Oh thank you for sharing!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous pictures you captured, Charlotte. And such a lovely large family to enjoy.

    Have a lovely week.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. omygoodness!! They are soooooooooooooooo precious!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee seeing those out at my folks place! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Charlotte!!!!
    I support our Governor as well, 100%!!!!!
    I think AZ is getting a bad rap and it is only a LAW to enforce the FEDERAL LAW!!!!And more lenient then the fed law!!!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new baby birds!!!!I adore quail, love looking at them , listening to them chirp!!!MY hubby and son and SOn in LAw hunt quail, but the boys do eat it, so I guess that makes it ok, back when my hubby and I taught 1-3 graders at Sunday School, I was doing lessons on The Israelites leaving and the food that was sent to heaven for them to eat, quail was mentioned in the Bible, so I fried up some quail and brought it in to feed the little ones and they loved it, I do not eat it, but suppose it taste like Chicken~!!!!
    Hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pics! How fun to get to watch the babies grow, and your back yard is lovely. God bless you and God bless Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, This is fascinating! I would get so excited too if I saw them. How very precious!

    I love the gray tree bark and the purple flowers, too! Beautiful pictures, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those babies are so precious! I love quail. We have them up here, too. How fun for you to watch this little family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte