Joyce Meyer, a #1 New York Times best selling author, has written over 80 inspirational books and two novels plus thousands of audio and video teachings. I have heard her teach on TV but have not had the privilege of hearing her in person. I did not realize she had written so many books, but when I learned that this book was available for review, and being a cookie and shoe person myself, I jumped at the chance. I also liked the shoe connection because my daughter had seen her in a shoe store a few years ago looking for a pair of brown shoes. I mentioned it in my last post.
After finishing this delightful book, I was tempted to eat a cookie to reward myself, but alas, there were no cookies in the house. Perhaps I should go out and buy a pair of shoes. No, what I need to do right now is finish writing this review.
Joyce wants to help readers of her book to experience joy and celebration. She says it took her many years to learn this important concept. She calls it giving your soul a vacation. She states that the entire premise of "eat the cookie ... buy the shoes" is designed to let your soul rest. It is not wrong to let go of life's demands and circumstances for a while and do something you enjoy. She also emphasizes the need to not try to fix all the problems in life by yourself, but to turn them over to God who can do a much better job of it than you can anyway. She also points out that time after time God ordered his people to celebrate. She also states that fun and enjoyment are needed in our lives, and we can't be healthy without them. She says that for too many years she was addicted to guilt and the only time in life she felt right was when she was wrong. I think there are a lot of people who can relate to that. She says we need to lighten up, give our souls a rest and in the long run we will get more accomplished. She gives little nuggets of advice all through the book. Here's one I like. "See how many days you can go without getting into a bad mood or finding something in your life to complain about."
You may be fortunate enough to win a copy of this book. If not, I think it would be a good investment to obtain a copy from a bookstore or from Amazon.
The generous folks at Hachette Book Group are allowing me to host this book giveaway for five (5) copies!
- Winners are restricted to the US and Canada. No PO Box mailing address please. You do not have to be a blogger to win.
- I must have a way of contacting you, so be sure to leave your email address in your comment.
- Some choose to omit the @ sign and the . dot by writing it in "code" like this: you (at) your email (dot)com.
- I'll close the comments May 27 and pick the five winners. I will contact the winners via email to get their mailing information. The winners will have three days to respond. If I do not hear from them within three days, I will select another winner(s).

How exciting!!! I love Joyce Meyer and have read several reviews on this book. I am dying to read it, so would absolutely love to win one!! Thanks for the opportunity, Love and Blessings, Angel
ReplyDeleteallthemus.blogspot.com
allforkids@cox.net
Hello Ms. Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteYou can add my name to the hat. I love Joyce and I listen to her as often as I can. I find her very inspirational and I love the way she shoots from the hip! Thanks for the opportunity to win. Hope you're having a wonderful week.
Blessings and hugs,
Sandi
sandi{dot}watts{dot}68{at}gmail{dot}com
sounds like a fun book...
ReplyDeleteput my name in, please
thanks!
skoots1momatgmaildotcom
I am so glad to hear this book is a goodin :)
ReplyDeleteI have had the privelege of seeing Joyce in person COUNTLESS times and learn something new EVERY SINGLE TIME! She shoots it straight and I love that about her!
I haven't had a chance to read this yet as I have some to review and those others get pushed aside. I always remember Clif's advice and never put reading before my family :)
You two bless me more than words can say!
Charlotte, I have heard Joyce on TV for several years...would love to read her new book...sounds like a very inspirational book, don't have alot of time to read, but think would find time to read this one...would love to win this book...
ReplyDeleteGod bless you in all that you do for the Lord...In Christian Love, Paula
pavrit@sbcglobal.net
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have heard soooooooooooooo many wonderful things about this book!!! Thanks for the chance!!! bmwgirl@cox.net :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
ReplyDeleteHI Charlotte!!!
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE LOVE LOVE to win this book, I love to read a good inspirational book!!!
You are so good at telling us about this book and I loved the story of your daughter shoe shopping and there she was!!!!
I say EAT THE COOKIE too!!!!
Hugs,
jamie
jamiegibbsathotmaildotcom
get it!!!!
I used to follow Joyce on a TV channel when we lived in Ohio. I ordered most of her tapes and have read several of her books. I don't agree with her church doctrine, but she does have a lot of practical advice in how to live the Christian life. If I should win this book, my email is
ReplyDeletecherdecor(at)verizon(dot)net
I think this is a book I need to read. Living with joy and celebratin life...great review.
ReplyDeleteblueheron12345@yahoo.ca
Wow, this looks like a really good book! I love Joyce Meyer. Her book The Confident Woman was really good, and I was eventually planning on reading this one, too. Thanks for letting me know about this giveaway... I hope I win! :)
ReplyDelete~Renee
rrw410 at aol dot com
Hello Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteI have heard so much about Joyce Meyer but have never heard or seen her nor have I read any of her books, so I would love to win a coyp of this one. It sounds like something I could really use right now.
Kelly
cre8tive1@dejazzd.com
I would love to win!
ReplyDeleteStop by...the wedding photos are posted. Oh.My.Gosh! Pure magic!
Hugs!
Kat
It sounds like a good book, I liked your review!
ReplyDeletengmorse (at) bellsouth (dot) net
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea~straight shooting, inspirational book and I would love to be entered in this giveaway!
Thanks so much Charlotte!
Hugs,
Lynn
lynnslovelies(at)yahoo(dot)come
Joyce Meyer is so annointed. I have read some of her books and follow her writings on her website. So, please enter my name for the drawing. Thank you for telling us about her latest book .
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great book, Charlotte. Thanks for the nice giveaway.
ReplyDeleteEnticing title & review, Charlotte. TY for accepting my entry in your giveaway.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon
Oops! Forgot ~ blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon
I start most of my days watching Joyce Meyer on TV. I enjoy her straight talk and honesty. I would love to read her latest book...always room for more joy in life! Thanks for the opportunity...God bless.
ReplyDeleteRenee
www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com