Saturday, January 30, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS

You have probably heard the controversy over the Tim Tibow Super Bowl ad. From what I've heard about it, I think it is terrific and may even watch the game just to see it. LOL

Betty Robison has authored a neat little devotional book called Women at the Well. One of the entries in the book was made by a woman by the name of Elizabeth Mittelstaedt. She and her husband, Ditmar (interesting name), live near Frankfurt, Germany. Here is the story she tells. It made me think about the Tim Tibow ad.

The other day I chatted with a woman who tends to leave her feelings unspoken and finds it difficult to say, "I love you." As we talked, I remembered a story she told me years ago about a young pregnant woman during the final stages of World War II. At the time, diphtheria was rampant in battered Europe, and like many others, this woman had succumbed to the disease. There was no medicine available, and having this child could cost her her life.

Should I have an abortion? she asked herself repeatedly as she stared out the window of a streetcar and shivered in the crisp air that spoke of a harsh winter to come. Despite the fact that the doctor's suggestion to abort seemed the wisest course of action, a sense of foreboding gripped her heart. Do not kill, a voice seemed to say.

The young woman looked around quickly. Where did that come from? she wondered. Was it God? She dismissed the thought rapidly. How could it be? I don't even know him, she told herself and continued her internal argument. What chances does this child have to survive anyway? Does anyone care about one more baby?


But the warning not to kill echoed in her thoughts, and the young woman changed her mind and went home without having an abortion. I'm glad—because that woman was my mother, and I was that unborn child.

Many years later, after my mother had  become a Christian and told me her story, she added: "Remember, God watched over you even before you were born. God really loves you."

I've stored those words in my heart. I am special. God did care for me. Yes, he knew me even before I was born, as Psalm 139:16 says.

Isn't it amazing to think that God knew us before we were even born? God knew that dear lady. God knew Tim Tibow and He knew each one of us. How could we not love Him and want to please Him?

On a personal note, you have probably heard that my skin cancer surgery has been moved up to February 1. That's this Monday. I'll be glad to get it done and knowing so many have prayed and are praying for me is very comforting. Thank you so much.

Be sure to visit our Spiritual Sundays blog. We have 115 followers now and several follow on facebook. Thank each of you who share there and/or follow it.

30 comments:

  1. God just disposed of my lung cancer.He will indeed dispose of yours.For we are his and we are so special....Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you, Charlotte.
    God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear Sweet Friend Charlotte...
    Sweetie I will be praying for you Monday during your procedure. We know that everything will be fine. Skin cancer sure does run rampid here in the valley. We must wear our hats and our sun screen.

    I have had a couple of places removed from my face also. I wear sunscreen every day now, and am most careful to wear a covering over my head. I even started wearing gloves when I garden, and I have never done this before. I understand skin cancer is on the rise out here with our children too. People must remember to put sunscreen on their children.

    Please keep us posted sweetie. You are in my prayers. I am really hoping that we can have an AZ bloggers luncheon for February. One of the other girls were saying that you were wanting to host this next one she thought. I would so love to get together in Feb. Valentines time would be nice. Please let me know if you do, several of us are wanting to get together with all.

    Charlotte remember Jeremiah 30:17; "I will give you back your health and heal thy wounds."

    Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your surgery goes well. Please keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God bless you with a successful surgery. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte,

    We are all sooo very special! I really think if we realized the true depth of HIS love and care towards us it would change sooo much for many! What an amazing testimony!!

    I will be praying on Monday...please keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte,
    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story. God really is an awesome God!! I am and have been praying for you, sweet lady. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful story. What is man that YOU are mindful of him? I LOVE it. Will lift you in prayer Mon. morning for sure. God's blessings on you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless you sister Charlotte and yes, praying for you along with the other precious sisters/bros. in Christ. Have a great weekend. It'll be interesting to see that "prolife ad"where millions would be watching. It's neat to be able to stand up for what we believe in. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post, Charlotte. I have not heard about the Super Bowl ad. I will Google it though.:)
    PS Praying for all to go well with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get the chills just thinking about how God new me before I was born,he wanted me here. I will be praying for you Charlotte.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ... this story has touched my heart and soul! I had not heard about the Super Bowl ad - yet, what a perfect venue in which to share these values!

    Oh Charlotte, these anticipatory hours must be stressful. Please know you and Clif are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are in my prayers, sending love and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be saying a prayer for you. God is with you. As my verse choice today states. ... WE are confident in our HOPE. :-)
    Blessings. In quietness and confidence is your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post. I blogged about abortion on the 37th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade and still have a hard time grasping the numbers of abortion since 1973.

    Hugs and prayers from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Charlotte,
    I will be Praying for you at church tomorrow and on Monday, let us know how it turns out ok????
    I saw the info on that Super bowl commercial on FOX news as the Liberals are trying to get it taken off, so far it is a go!!!! YEAH FOR GOD KEEPING IT ON!!!!
    I will be looking for that ad and may scram and yell so loud the neighbors may wonder what is going on!!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charlotte, thank you for sharing this story.

    Please be assured that you are in my prayers. Are you have a Mohs procedure?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Charlotte, I had chills reading this....and know me too...I'm praying for you also. God won't let you down...He's got you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! My prayers are with you for tommorrow. As you so well know God is with you. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charlotte,

    Will be thinking good thoughts for you this Monday - thank you for sharing such a wonderful and awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charlotte,
    What a sweet, sweet story - it made me cry. To think that God knew us before we were born is wonderful! I am praying that your surgery goes well tomorrow and that your recovery is quick and uneventful!

    Hugs,
    Jean
    P.S. I am definitely watching the Super Bowl (Go Colts! and the Tim Tebow commercial!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good Luck on your surgery Charlotte!!

    On another note you use to have a Prayer Room -- I had asked for prayers for a Carol Palcynski-- I want to update that Carols brain cancer has went into remission -- she still lives with residual effects of a stroke but she is getting to watch her children grow up!! God is Good!!! (it was awhile back I requested prayers)

    Blessings
    Karyl

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am praying that God will be with you in your time of need before, during and after your procedure
    i think the commercial is terrific myself

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am glad I was able to get by today- I am not familiar with Tim's story but so found the story you shared very touching- I often use the word of this scripture -
    God knew me before He laid the foundations of the world- I am so glad He knew me and wtched over me- Blessings to you- because I have not been following lately I was unaware of your surgery- I prayed God's healing power for you. I give thanks to God right now knowing He cares for you and has lready written a positive ending for you. Blessings and in Jesus Name I give praise to God for you and for your life. Be blessed this Spiritual Sunday/Sabbath Rest.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying for you tomorrow.

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful story of God's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Charlotte, Of course I've said a prayer. You are the daughter of the greatest physician of all. All will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am praying for you as I write this, Charlotte. It's Monday, 10:20 EST, and you are probably facing surgery now. I pray that God guides the hands of the surgeon to do a good job, and I pray that the pain is minimal and that you heal quickly. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope you don't mind. I just added a link to your blog on arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a beautiful Post !By now , You should have already had your surgery , I have been praying for you & I hope you are doing well.
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a lovely post. I am proud of Tim Tebow and think we could use some more people like him. All of us, Christians, should be so bold in our faith.

    I hope that your surgery went well, Charlotte. I will pray for you. I haven't visited here in a while and am glad I stopped by today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate lovely comments so please leave a note and come back again for a visit every chance you get.
Hugs & Blessings,
Charlotte